how to report fraud of a person's name doesnt show in serch

kenny Haalan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4592 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i was given a object  which when opened was a ZANGO  game and a menu came up didnt read it all clicked on grant  not knowning what it meant and   a total of 7,220 lindens was taken out of my account to me this  is fraud , when i edit the game  showed me the creator   ricki hawks in which his name doesnt  show in serch

5 answers to this question

Hello kenny and welcome to SL Forums. No difference. Menu Help --> Repost Abuse.

One step further i would suggest you to remove the resident's name from your post. It is against Community Guidelines and it can create problems to you.

EDIT: Generally we NEVER get stuff from residents we don't know and we don't trust. Curiosity killed the cat people say and they are right.

• Like 1

If you can't get the name to show up when writing an Abuse Report, the procedure is to put Governor Linden as the person's name and then make sure you include the name in the Details section.

ETA: I think that procedure is still valid.  Been a long time since this issue came up last :smileyindifferent:

--Cinn

• Like 2

Ah...A menu came up which you didn't read, and you clicked a button without knowing what it meant - likely because you didn't read the menu? Doesn't sound like fraud to me - sounds like user error.

You can report this to LL, using the procedures others have mentioned, but I don't anticipate much coming from this. If you had read the menu and refrained from clicking buttons without knowing what they meant or what might happen, and you'd still lost Lindens, you might have a case for fraud. But in your case, it seems likely that everything you needed to know was probably in that menu.

ETA: In the future, refrain from accepting items from people you don't know. Also try reading the instructions for an object before clicking buttons.

• Like 1

I'm afraid that Areil has it exactly right.  You have been robbed, but it's your own fault.  Nobody can take L$ from you without your permission.  In order for a script to take money, it has to open an obvious box on your screen with a pair of big buttons that give you a chance to Grant or Deny permission.  There's no way to write a script that gets around that box.  If you don't read the clear message and you still click the Grant button, you have given away your L$.  You can file an AR, and LL might be able to ban the guy who gave you the object, but don't expect to get your money back.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4592 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.