I am so lost

AudriannaMarie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

HI, AudriannaMarie, and welcome to SL and the forums.  I remember feeling just like you -- I was in despair when I started until someone showed me how to open boxes and get at the nice clothes.

It's all explained here, though: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Opening-boxes/ta-p/700185

If you search for "sandbox," that should bring up a list of sandboxes -- regions where anyone may rez objects temporarily -- and you can tp to one of those to unpack your purchases.

Not all sandboxes allow rezzing. Most do, but some have rezzing off to prevent griefing, or for other weird reasons. Some have rezzing restricted to a specific group. To find out if the land you're on allows rezzing, look at the top of your screen, in front of where it tells you the details of the land you're on. If there is a box icon with a red circle around it and a line through it, that means rezzing is not allowed on that land. As others have said, look for a sandbox - but once you tp to the sandbox, look for that little icon. If it's not there, rez away! If it is, tp somewhere else.

On the off chance that you can't find land that allows you to rez, you can wear the box, choose "edit," go to the "contents" tab, and click and drag the contents to your inventory. This is the complicated and somewhat messier way to unbox items.

Hello AudriannaMarie and welcome to SL Forums. Analytically: They are boxes because you need to open (to unpack them). When we purchase something we recieve usually a box with contests. So you have to go to a place where you have the right to rezz (to open boxes). If you have no your own place Sandboxes are public places which are recommened about. At the following link you can find some Sandboxes: http://secondlife.com/destinations/howto/sandbox Choose one --> View this destination --> View on map --> Visit this location --> a pop up window appeared --> Allow --> You see the place profile on the right in world --> Teleport. When you arrive there you drag the box from your inventory on the ground --> right click on it --> Open --> Copy to inventory. A folder created in your inventory (you can easier find it opening the second tab of your inventory called "Recent") with the stuff the box includes. You can delete after the box on the ground. Now you are ready to wear the contents one by one with right click on them --> Wear or Add. You repeat the same process for all the boxes you want to open.

AudriannaMarie wrote:

I  bought some stuff from the web, and I see them in my recents page on the game and in my object folder. How do I put them on me? I click on them and hit wear but they justr show up as a box. I try to "rez" them but it wont let me.... I have no idea what I am doing at all

Good morning and welcome to SL

You might consider going to Caledon.  They have a walk through SL tutorial and there are usually veteran residents there who can help you with any questions you might have.  It's a bit of an SL University inworld.  The wiki is great too but if you like more face to face help it's a good place. :smileyhappy:

Open your inventory, drag the box to the ground, and right click it. Choose OPEN, and copy the items to your inventory.

NOW they will be in a folder, full of pieces you can wear. I recommend wearing them one at a time. Right click each piece and choose WEAR.

Later, to remove them, right click the pieces and choose DETACH or REMOVE, or go from your toolbar and do the same. Sometimes, wearing a new thing will replace the old thing, but not always. Sometimes clothes will stack on top of each other  same with hair or shoes. Skins and shapes must be replaced, not removed.

Type WORN in your inventory to find things. That will show anything you are wearing.

You can open things in a sandbox, or there are many dressing rooms in SL now too.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.