oil skin and some questions :)

kabrikano Sporg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4603 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hello , i have been to sl for about 3 years now ..im enjoying it to the max and trying to learn new things every time ..

frist i use beta viewer and im still having some problems some times its just freeez and i have to restart it

any way i have a great skin i love it but i see some people with shiny skins  i like it more ..may be its cheaper than mine but i guess its oild ...so i was asking if i can put that oil effect on my skin or i should buy an oil skin by its self

question number 2 : i dont knwo any thing about physical things and settings ...i just recived something from a friend and i wear it and now my breastes bounces ..its ok but sometimes it looks funny ! ..

question number 3 :

i readed here alot about phonix viewer i dont know what is it and if its better than beta or no diffrence ...i dont know if its legal cause i downloaded that beta viewer form sl.com  ..so any tips will be good and if its better i might switch to phonix ...

thank you in advance :)

kabrikano Sporg wrote:

hello , i have been to sl for about 3 years now ..im enjoying it to the max and trying to learn new things every time ..

frist i use beta viewer and im still having some problems some times its just freeez and i have to restart it

any way i have a great skin i love it but i see some people with shiny skins  i like it more ..may be its cheaper than mine but i guess its oild ...so i was asking if i can put that oil effect on my skin or i should buy an oil skin by its self

question number 2 : i dont knwo any thing about physical things and settings ...i just recived something from a friend and i wear it and now my breastes bounces ..its ok but sometimes it looks funny ! ..

question number 3 :

i readed here alot about phonix viewer i dont know what is it and if its better than beta or no diffrence ...i dont know if its legal cause i downloaded that beta viewer form sl.com  ..so any tips will be good and if its better i might switch to phonix ...

thank you in advance
:)

Answer for #1 - If you put your "oil" for the skin on a tattoo layer, you can have the best of both worlds :) Then people who don't want oil won't need it, but can still get your skin - and those who want it, will have that option. 

Answer for #2 - Its a physics layer. You can adjust them or make a new one by accessing "Appearance> Physics". If you remove your physics layer, your breasts will no longer bounce. 

Answer for #3 - Phoenix Viewer is on the list of acceptable third party viewers that Linden Lab allows on Second Life, however, if you're used to a V2 Beta experience, you may wish to try the Firestorm Viewer (by the makers of the Phoenix Viewer) as it allows for mesh viewing and physics layers (among other things). It is also listed on the acceptable viewers list which can be access here: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory

Good luck!

You can use oil as a tattoo layer on your avatar in all V2 based viewers. Here's one from the marketplace:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/DeVicious-Body-EvoLotion-V31-Body-Oil-Baby-Oil/1845319

About Phoenix: not only it is legal but these developers have launched Firestorm which is a great viewer I strongly encourage you to try. Please note that Phoenix viewer does not support tattoo layers but Firestorm does.

http://www.phoenixviewer.com/downloads.php

And I know nothing about bouncing breasts, lol. But if it happened since a friend gave an object to you, you may check your worn items and detach it from yourself. :smileyvery-happy:

The "bouncing breasts" can look funny depending on what you're wearing and how...vigorously you're bouncing. For example, when you're nude you'd bounce much more than when you have a bra on, and someone wearing a bra would typically bouce less than someone wearing a bikini, right? You can adjust the physics layer by right-clicking your avi, and going to "appearance," then "physics." See this page for a good explanation of how each slider affects the movement of your avi: http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=phoenix_avatar_physics

It's for Phoenix Viewer, but works for any viewer that supports physics layers.

Also, check: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory

That's a list generated by LL of authorized, "safe" third party viewers. Phoenix is on there, and many, many players use it. I did, myself, until Firestorm came out. Now I use Firestorm, so I can see mesh (and use other V2 features.) If you like the features available in V2 (the beta viewer you're using now), I suggest trying out Firestorm, which has many of the same features but has a tendency, in my opinion, to work better. Especially since an update is anticipated to fix many of the bugs in the beta viewer...

valerie Inshan wrote:

About Phoenix: not only it is legal but these developers have launched Firestorm which is a great viewer I strongly encourage you to try.
Please note that Phoenix viewer does not support tattoo layers but Firestorm does.

Phoenix DOES support the tattoo layer.. it just doesn't support MULTIPLE tattoo layers ;)

Wiki

Hello kabrikano and welcome to SL Forums. About your first question, for me is better to buy a skin and a body oil separately. Many body oils at Marketplace include multilayers (levels) for more clothing combinations. About avatar physics, more or less other participants explained you what they are. You can buy them also at Marketplace or at stores in world or to create them yourself. The majority of them look ridiculous and no realistic for me but sure you can find some great ones. About Phoenix Viewer i let others to answer because i use the official Viewer 3.

if you go to this page in my flickr you can kind of get an idea of the babydoll lotion..i think this page all the way to page 11 has different shot where i had it over my skin..ignore the one with my arms over my head with the black gloves on and the man in the chair infront of me pic..that is just clear latex LOL

oh ya and ignore the brown one too..thats just chocolate dipped me..Oo

Ceka's Flickr

i had looked and looked for  other oils but this was the only one that  fit me..that and there was i think a body wet that i had that has your skin looking like it just got out of the water..that one was sexy because it had little drops of water all over your skin..almost like sweat  lol

oh maybe it was called body sweat..i forget!! lol

but it had different transparencies so you could look a little dryer or wetter lol

if you go to this page in my flickr you can kind of get an idea of the babydoll lotion..i think this page all the way to page 11 has different shot where i had it over my skin..ignore the one with my arms over my head with the black gloves on and the man in the chair infront of me pic..that is just clear latex LOL

oh ya and ignore the brown one too..thats just chocolate dipped me..Oo

Ceka's Flickr

i had looked and looked for  other oils but this was the only one that  fit me..that and there was i think a body wet that i had that has your skin looking like it just got out of the water..that one was sexy because it had little drops of water all over your skin..almost like sweat  lol

oh maybe it was called body sweat..i forget!! lol

but it had different transparencies so you could look a little dryer or wetter lol

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4603 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.