how do i start playing...

waryer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Hello waryer and welcome to SL and SL Forums. At first you have to download and install the viewer. You can find it here. 

Check out also the following link: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Getting-started/ta-p/700071

The User's Guide Part I and Part II (a great job by Rand Linden) will answer to many of your queries and questions.

Have fun and enjoy your Second Life.

waryer wrote:

how do i start...all i get is information but no game

That's because there is no "game."  This is Second Life.  You can find games to play here, if that's what you want to do.  You can also create objects, landscapes, animations, and scripts.  You can run a business, be a pole dancer or a DJ, buy and sell land, or just lie on a virtual beach and listen to a music stream.  There are no rules, no goal, no pointsor ranks to earn, no dragons to slay, and no quest to guide you from one adventure to another.  It's life.  Make anything of it that you want.

Hello, waryer. Welcome to Second Life.

Please download the Second Life Viewer to begin with http://secondlife.com/support/downloads/

As the viewer downloads, the information window on the screen will change, giving you a little bit of basic information about Second Life.  You don't have to memorise all of this information, of course, but it will give you a little idea of what is available inworld. 

Once the download process has completed (which should only take a few minutes), there will be an icon on your screen which you can simply double click on to bring up the log in screen.

The very first time you log in to Second Life, you may need to wait for several seconds (which can seem like a long time) for the Terms and Conditions to load.  Tick the box to say you have read and agree to these terms, and then you will be logged in.

You will arrive in Second Life at a welcome area, where you will be taken through a very short tutorial.  Please take your time and enjoy the experience.

Second Life is a big new world with something for everyone. Enjoy!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.