Does anyone know of any shops that make custom hair in SL?

KaydenWaveharp

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4619 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't, but I certainly hope you are willing to pay a whole hell of a lot.  Hair is one of the hardest things to create in SL, and the most time consuming, for sure.  Perhaps, if you'll explain further what you want here, someone can point you in the direction of something that is close enough to satisfy your needs, without having to pay through the tooth.  You never know.

...Dres

You can tint any hair that is light enough and modifiable without having to have a hud (in fact, I'd advise you to stay far, far away from any hair that's color is modifiable with a hud, that usually means that each prim has a script in it, which will cause you and anyone around you insufferable pain... take my word for it).

Tips are a different story, but the same thing applies... if your tips are light enough, the rest is dark enough and the hair is modifiable, just do it manually.  If you actually take the time to search, you may be able to come up with something you like.  Also, the more information you post here about what you are looking for, the more people will understand what you want and be able to help you.

Good luck ...Dres

The only problem being is Im super new to SL, so I don't know how to edit or modify much. So here is a bit more detail:

I'd like a long hair (Waist length or longer.) Preferable in a ponytail or two ponytails down the back, I'd like the top to be jet black and the tips to be red. I'd like to be able to customize/modify this easily on my own. 

There, that's a bit more detail :D

But thank you, I can't seem to find many I like.

You're right, that is very specific... you may very well have to hire someone to create that for you.  But, don't expect it to be cheap.  Look around for people that makes hair that you like and ask them if they do custom work.  Meanwhile, learn how to modify stuff on your own... it may take time, but it's the best thing you can do for yourself.  Education is empowerment.

Good luck ...Dres

You can try posting in Commerce > Wanted and see if a hair designer will bite.  If you get lucky, ask for a LM to their shop and try on some of their demos.  You will have to be happy with their work.  You cannot expect busy creators to make something that you then spend six months 'tweaking' until you have it right (unless you have a bottomless purse).

Who knows, you might get lucky and someone make it for free.  Anyway, good luck in your search.

KaydenWaveharp wrote:

Really?

I see. Well Im basically look for a long set of hair that has a hud that allows me to tint it and the highlights/tips different colors in a wide range of colors.

Magika has some styles that have huds for things like that..you may want to look at her store..

here is her marketplace

Magika

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4619 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.