Guys clothing: What'cha think?

Princess Verwood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4495 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I made Neal let me take a pic of him to post here since I think he always dresses well. Not the greatest photography, but look past that lol.

Casual but not sloppy, definatly not to feminine or bikerish lol. No I didnt tell him what to wear, this is what he showed up in, and he changes his clothes pretty much daily lol. There are men out there that care what they look like. I've seen the pics here in the forums to prove it! welldressedman.png

Princess Verwood wrote:

If you have been in SL any amount of time you would already begin to notice that there is a much more wide array of female clothing then male. Espically when it comes to variety.

What sort of male clothing are you tired of seeing being made for males?

What types of clothing do you wish there was more of for the guys?

I'm tired of abs .. on EVERYTHING! Seriously.. it looks ridicolous. Ok, maybe extra so since I am a kid avatar, but even when in my adult avatar, I don't need abs showing on top of a regular sweater. Oh and also, pecs? Stop it. I'm so sick of finding an awesome top that has pecs that look more like a serious case of the man-boobs. Do not want.

As for clothing I want to see more of.. I can't currently think of any. I usually find what I want, and have my selection of favourite stores.

Over the last 3 or so years there has been major improvement in men's apparel in SL. There are also fashion blogs that cater specifically to men and show a variety of styles.  

Here's a blog that is a great resource for men's clothes MENStyle: http://www.slmenstyle.com/

One of my favorite menswear designers is Rob Moonites he owns FIR & MNA and the MENStyle blog, and he has one the largest men's group inworld that you can join to get notices from tons of men's designers.

You also have one stop shopping places like http://madimage.wordpress.com/ which is also a huge resource to discovering new designers.

Angie Mornington wrote:

Over the last 3 or so years there has been major improvement in men's apparel in SL. There are also fashion blogs that cater specifically to men and show a variety of styles.  

Here's a blog that is a great resource for men's clothes MENStyle: 

One of my favorite menswear designers is Rob Moonites he owns FIR & MNA and the MENStyle blog, and he has one the largest men's group inworld that you can join to get notices from tons of men's designers.

You also have one stop shopping places like 
which is also a huge resource to discovering new designers.

The problem with these "improvements" is twofold.

A) We, men, often find ourselves fighting with prims, wondering if they used a male or boobless female shape to create them. The clothes on those girly, shoulderless,starved skinny man-child shapes in those pictures won't fit normal shaped men, let alone the Arnold wannabes we see everywhere.

B) Some of the designs look really nice. On male models. Or gay men. Which is usually the same thing. For those of us that are straight, there's still not a lot of options outside of jeans and crappy shirts. Don't even get me started on scarves. I'd be laughed out of SL if any of my friends saw me wearing a scarf without being on a ski trip.

• 2 weeks later...

Let me start by saying that I am a Gay male, I also dress a bit more feminine than most. I change my outfit on a daily basis and rarely wear the same thing twice. I have female friends who come to me for shopping advice. I do however spend a large portion of my time going from store to store searching for something that I like. I am extremely picky and tend to tweak my outfit even when not shopping. I would simply like to see more quality hand drawn clothing in SL for men. I do understand that most men in SL just wear the jeans and T shirt and are completely happy with that but personally... I want more! 

<3

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4495 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.