Hair and hats

Cinnamon Mistwood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

YYAAYY!!!

@ Val - Mad is right!  There are some amazing creations in that store.  I just can't decide what I like best.  The chocolate dress is nice, the meat dress made me laugh.

@ Storm - We all value your eye for fashion and judging by your badge picture, it is sorely needed by us all.  Your points are still redeemable and have no expiration date.

@ Sylvia - I can dress up if I HAVE to.  I have been told I clean up well... Let me dig down deep into my inventory and dredge up something more formal and we can both wear our newly fitted hats and hairs.

@ Jesica - 100 pts  - That is amazing.  I was not aware there was animated hair.  Does it work in regions where you can't run scripts?  I will have to look into how to drop the script into a different hat and double check that I am buying mod items.  Awesome!

@ Keli - I will check the hairs I have to see if I can use bits and pieces in other styles.  I do tend to wear the same hair colors most of the time.  Now I have even more reasons to check if things are mod.

@ Venus - I am sure at times that may be the case.  I try to keep attachments to a minimum, but I almost always have an AO attached.  Next time I am missing a boot (a wardrobe malfunction I can handle) I will try tp'ing lighter.

@ Love - The maitreya hair I have now is similar.  I will give the store another visit.  I love that longer style and the hat is cute for summer!

@ Dee - 200 pts - I need a hippiestock hat!  Cute!  At some point (sooner than later) I have got to spend a little more time playing with all the editing menus.  I have never looked into linking and unlinking.  I like the idea of making a single item from a hair and a hat that didn't come together so I have more flexibility.

@ Maryanne - 50 pts - Because you dress yourself like I do (with a minimum of effort)  Both hats look good and that tiny bit if hair pithing you off in the picture isn't really that noticeable.

@ kattatonia - 1000 pts. (but you have to share them with Marianne Little)  That was some great information and one of the best answers (next to Storm's idea of just going bald).  Now that I am making sure I have modify rights on my clothing and accessories, I hope it will get easier to put together a few combos that work.  It looks easy and I like the idea of using a hair that is already made for a hat.  Thanks for pointing out that thread!!!!

*All points can be redeemed in-world for a dance at your favorite venue or a kind word when you are feeling down.  The choice is yours.

I second the recommendation (can't remember whose recommendation it was now that I've read the whole thread) to edit individual prims in hair. I have a Truth hair (can't remember the style name off the top of my head) that is much flatter than my normal hair and which I've edited to look reasonably presentable with hats. I also sometimes edit the hats, too. If you attempt this, don't forget to make a copy first!

For me, 9 times out of 10 any hair that comes with a hat isn't all that great, or if it looks good it's all sculpted junk that gives you the helmet head look. I always buy seperate hat hair that has a low profile and lots of flexi flow to it, but I've only been really happy with the stock ones I've gotten from Tukinowaguma, even though I do edit them. In fact that's the only place I buy hair at all now.. even the hair in my forum badge is from there.

I wear GurlyWood hair and when I pair a certain hair style with a hat I edit individual prims and put the the edited hair (copy first) and hat in the same folder.  Sometimes I will even delete hair prims that would not be seen with the hat on anyway.  That way I can keep hats the proper size and they don't float above my head.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.