Cleaning up the Mainland with the help of Linden Labs Support.

Chaos Capelo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4451 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recently I filed a support ticket on 5 abandoned micro parcels that bordered my land. One of the abandoned parcels contained a billboard sign that had been there at least two years. With the help of Jason Linden he consolidated them and II was able to purchase them for a minimal amount of Lindens. My original parcel was smaller than 512 and now with the help of Linden support I was able to clean up the freeloader and make the small piece of land which borders hwy 9 a more appealing place for anyone who might purchase it in the future and the land owners across hwy 9. I've heard a lot of bad things about Linden Support, but  this transaction took a total of two days.

I know there are many more micro parcels out there that land owners have connected to their parcels. Why not file a support ticket on them and clean up the Mainland. 

Thank you Jason Linden.

I also live on highway 9.  I concurr this story - I have been working with the Lindens, and with other property owners, to clean up my land and remove the blight.  In addition, when an additional piece on the edge of my land was reclaimed by the lindens, they offered it to me before putting it up for public auction or sale.  Very nice.

The Lindens have generally been prompt when I've ticketed about land. The response is usually under a week (apart from one time where the ticket fell into the void someone, and I had to reticket it). The trouble is, there are so many abandoned bits on my sim, it takes quite a lot of time to ticket them. I wish they could just sell them all to me in one batch. Or just put everything up for sale to anyone, so at least the land is back in the system.

Cleaning up the mainland is a great idea. Not every person gets the same fast response though as you did. I had filed tickets about items floating in the air, stuck in the water. Even took pictures and sent in - they are all still there. I got so sick of looking at the crappy stuff people rez on mainland and never clean up that my partner and friends gave up our mainland parcels (which was at 1/2 sim) and sold  them all to land bots or abandoned to governor linden and then purchased a homestead so we can at least control the view.  It's not my fantasy to live in a SL ghetto world - of decorating disasters. (smiles)

I think it would be a GREAT idea if they put some people on this on a full time basis and went sim by sim on mainland checking which parcels are owned by linden now, and which still have prims rezzed on them. would be great if they did some nice landscaping too. One other issue - the terraforming on mainland is so limited that people rez ugly prim boxes to build on and of course texture it every awful color / texture imaginable which of course detracts from the view. One of the things I really hated. Maybe if they did a massive clean up, and made some tropical island instead of that UGLY mountain texture they use so much of people might be enticed to want to live on the mainland.

I enjoy a story like this...well done!

There are a few 16m2 along the bit of the same road near me (I think...forgive my ignorance about which bit of Linden Road is which..I'd love to see a map of names) and for years they've had signs (which I've occasionally ARed whenever feeling a bit stroppy). They stop the land being terraformed nicely, especially when it's cutting through on a diagonal, and seem to be a huge waste of space. And are fugly.

Another thing which detracts from the view is when someone owns a bit of mainland, and never ever turns up to do anything on it for years, and leaves return off and object entry on, and allows stray noobvehicles to amass......I just wish LL would turn object return on on these blocks after a period of time. There are half upside down cars in mid air next door that have been there for ages. The landowner doesn't give a flying fig. Can these objects be ARed for littering, perhaps?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What is the minimum height on mainland for sky boxes or space junk?  All this space junk floating around is like living in a ghetto.  I have sold off most of this mainland sim cuz it's now like living in a ghetto of space junk at 150m. Talk about the virtual experience of premium members, LL needs to clean this up before they bother with 3rd party viewers and that experience.  It's no wonder I rather spend time and money on a more pleasant grid then SL anymore.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4451 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.