Oh my! Google! You are FAMOUS!!

Venus Petrov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4717 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Venus Petrov wrote:

Kicking back on a cool, sunny autumn day (the leaves have only just started changing color), I thought I would google my avie name.  I figured that there might be a couple of hits.  But, OMG, in addition to the requisite references off SLF and my bio at on the club website, there were numerous references to other blogs and forums, flickr, snapzilla, Phoenix JIRA, two dead blogs, and some from a few years ago.

Check out your avie name or names--does anything you see surprise you?  Are there things you would expect to see that you do not see?

When you see all that is 'out there' on your avatar, does this make you think any differently about your approach to information sharing using your real name?  Use of FB, Twitter, etc.

Great thread Venus!  Oh yes!  I have googled my name.  My blog comes up, things about Hippiestock, posts in the forums, things about Hippiestock, Flickr pictrures, things about Hippiestock, Lots of SL stuff, and did I mention things about Hippiestock!  LOL!

Peace!

Pamela Galli wrote:

I am shocked that Google is throwing my name around so promiscuously
without my permission
!  Does Google have NO respect for privacy????????????

And half of them are about some other Pamela Gallis in RL that obviously stole my name!

That's a good point, instead of a Google Alert  Message it should be Google Permission Request!

Oh and about those ppl using your avatarname....be glad it's people, in my case it's spaniels! Tsk!

Storm Clarence wrote:

It's not new.  It is an Ishtara design based on some input from Dillon and 444j4

In keeping with this OP, I too, googled 444j4 and others.  Lee your name comes up a lot.

I did a google for Raul R, and I laughed (meant in the most fun way)   

yay.gif  laughing....my....a**...off

Storm Clarence wrote:

It's not new.  It is an Ishtara design based on some input from Dillon and 444j4

In keeping with this OP, I too, googled 444j4 and others.  Lee your name comes up a lot.

I did a google for Raul R, and I laughed (meant in the most fun way)   

AH HA!  Made me look.  You little devil in a pink dress, you.   ;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4717 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.