Setting the SLICE property of a prim

Malestorm1488303118

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3896 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Unfortunately, you can't set slice by script.   see https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SCR-15 

One workround might be, depending on the build, to turn a path-cut prim on its side and then use llSetScale() to decrease the appropriate axis (Y axis?).   That way you don't need to worry about having to offset it, since it will appear to grow and shrink in only one direction.

• Like 1

no, no I think that's perfectly topical both to the forum and the OP =X

I cringe each time they've mucked with the prim API, through multiple breakages of parameters, the worst being the decision to reset parameters between type changes which was the official last leg for being able to set slice on boxes via script

I have had to slice and dice a torus to make the buttons for my HUD.   A box would have done fine, but I need to slice it so the hovertext appears on the button instead of above it.  It needs to be done by script because the HUD has a bank of generic prims that get configured for whatever the HUD wants to do at the moment.   It works, but I'm sure it's more overhead on the sim than a sliced box would be.

• 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3896 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.