Suddenly can't log in

Sherta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4605 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello:)

I help a friend with her inventory, and gave me permission to log in her account.

So far so good.All OK I am helping her when she ask or needed.

At  one time I was in sl..she came in sl to but with another avatar..a new one she has to create.

She IM and ask me what the hell I did because she couldn't log in with her first avatar..the  one i helped her with.

I told her I did nothing, seems that she get a strange mail, a yahoo mail..?? I dont do yahoo I am  not using that. I told her its not mine.  

How could it be that she can't log in in her own  account.. and  how can we find out what or who did this!?!? what goes wrong here..?!? 

* This was the first time I hear that..I help many ava's with  their per mission to do their account. All of them were and still are oke.

4 answers to this question

See if you can log in to her account like you did before, maybe this new alt is not really her and she is trying to get the password from you. If the password she gave you that you used before works, then it will work for her too. Also, I think it's against the rules to give out passwords, so maybe that's not such a good idea, I'm not sure, I haven't read all the rules. 

Do NOT tell this new alt the password.  You have no proof that it is really the same person,  She could be a thief, trying to gain access to your friend's account.  If you can get into it, the real owner can too.

For the future..... NEVER tell anyone your password, and don't use someone else's account either.  According to the TOS, the account owner is responsible for everything that happens with the account.  A dishonest person could use your stolen avatar to grief other people, and could empty your L$ account and transfer all of your great things in inventory. 

I don't have a lot of sympathy for people who allow others to log into their accounts.......nor for people to take them up on that offer.  Not only is it dangerous to your personal life, it creates problems like this.  Not being able to log into SL can be for many reasons and only two (that I can think of) pertaining to someone from another location logging into someone's account.  That being that now your computer has that someone else's cache loaded into your cache.........big time possibility of cache corruption.  And then there's that fact that the other person attempted to log in while you were logged into her account.....she couldn't because you were "her" and already logged in.  Now she had to create a new account (alt) to log in..........and now she has that big time possibility of cache corruption.

You both need to clear your cache.........on all your alts and all the viewers you have installed on your computers.  And there's no guarantee it's going to be that easy either.  What if the servers saw you logged in from one location and then saw her attempt to log in from another location?  Would that not look extremely suspicious to anyone who happened to notice?  LL policy if account compromise is the place the account(s) on hold.........that may be in the offing, I don't know but I would not be surprised at all.

Tell your friend to change her password.  And for your own good stay out of others accounts.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4605 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.