Design the Perfect Profile for a Fashion Designer

Cajsa Lilliehook

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4636 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I hate that as well too. It's very disappointing.

Store ownerrs should put their store policy in their profiles, or if they have an update blog or flickr, that should also be there too. To me, the most important one out of those is store policy. If I have an issue, I would love to know if they prefer IMs or notecards as a way of contact.

I agree with both - a landmark in picks, and the store policy. The landmark should be OBVIOUS - I shouldn't have to scrutnize every pick to find it! I love stores that have the store policy and the landmark together in the same pick; or two landmarks, one with the store description, and one with the store policy. By store policy, I mean things like do they want a notecard or an IM; are there different people to contact for different issues, and if so whom should I contact for which issue; and do they offer refunds?

Preferably the name of the store in the main profile page, as well, so I know I have the right person when I look at their profile initially.

I have not only LM to store & Policy, Here's what I have:

Newest Outfits & upcoming Previews

Discounts, Catalog Vendors & Events

Let Your Work Speak for Itself
(What customers have written me about my designs.)

Missing Delivery (Very important nowadays)

Policy

LM (Well... they all are. This is my discription page)

Special Orders

Also, 2nd Life page, the first thing is my store & how to contact me.

Anything Missing?

Hi everyone,

I agree with some of what the first two of you stated, but I just have a little different slant on it, especially after having spoken to various owners/managers/workers/hopefuls-in-establishing-SLenterprise.

First, I believe that it should not go in the personal profile of the owner unless they wish it to (likely, yes). The store policies are generally stated in the store-when one adds the store to their own profile or, these days, when customers add the store to their favs.  However, I've seen lots of store profiles that at least list what is acceptable and or not.

I DO wish that across the board, the general policies of the stores should be posted on, say, a wall just inside the building, or link to it on the web next to something on the wall that makes it stand out--and next to that, list any current sales, challenges, hunts, etc.  It would be far more orderly...C.O.

I fergottttt, sorry.  I meant to add, Ohna, that in my experience, that as long as it is not mean, owners love feedback, good or not so much...

The issue of IM or Notecard--I do both. They will prefer a notecard, at least in my experience, since they are swamped with IMs and SL does not keep the overflow, I don't know what happens to them.  This is what I have been told, mind you, and as well has been my individual experience.  So, I use notecards and it has worked--I get an answer back, usually within a short timeframe. I also, upon sending the notecard, send an IM as well, on the offchance they might be online and see it.

I have a FAQ linked to my profile, but not a lot of people bother to read profiles. That said, I try to have as much information about me and my store in my picks as I can.

http://srednieel.blogspot.com/2011/02/avatar-bizarre-faq.html

I cannot stand when I need to contact a merchant, and they have zero information about their store/products in their profile. 

My biggest pet peeve are merchants who have a lot of "I really hate people, and don't bother me" stuff in their profiles.  Really?  You really want people to think you're an antisocial douche?  For the love of Glod, why?

Okay, enough ranting.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4636 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.