MANY "Delivery Partially Failed"?

Chippie Waffle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4669 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone,

I hope I'm posting this in the right spot. If this isn't in the correct place, let me know and I'll happy to move it to wherever else you tell me it should be :)

Just wondering if anyone else is getting a LOT more "Delivery Partially Failed" as part of their Magic Box's transaction history lately? It used to be that I'd see that message every once in a while, but within the last two weeks or so, I'd say the number of failed deliveries with the indication that the product hasn't been delivered has literally doubled.

I really don't need me looking like I'm running a shoddy online business -- I kind of find it hard to believe that THAT many people are attempting to make purchases without enough Lindens (one of the reasons perhaps that a transaction wouldn't go through?).

**EDIT TO ADD: To save anyone the trouble asking, I have double checked to make sure that the items that people are attempting to buy ARE in fact in the Magic Box. Also, I AM noticing that it is the same items that continue to have trouble being delivered, yet I haven't had any issues with them until recently. The box hasn't been changed other than to have some items added to it occasionally. The items that people seem to have trouble purchasing on the Marketplace were previously delivered without problems! Very confused.

Anyone have any suggestions or ideas of what might be going on?

Thanks!

most if not all the part failed deliveries occur when someone has multiple items in their cart so 2 or more items it could be the region of one of the magic boxes is offline at the time or someone has previously rezzed a magic box then deleted it and not removed it from their magic box status and the marketplace is trying to deliver something from a non existant box 

The shopping cart is apparently too fast for the magic box, if I correctly understand Dakota's efforts to stop just short of saying so.

But even though there is currently no alternative to the magic box, nothing is going to be done about the shopping cart because direct delivery "will solve the problem", and ("as we all know") direct delivery is coming along great and "just around the corner".

The box code and the cart code are not broken, but they are incompatible. We may never find out if the DD code is broken, because the code they need to deploy first is broken.

But no code is half so broken as is the Linden decision making process, which will remain broken as long as the standard of leadership remains broken.

DD is yet to be demonstrated as viable, but the shopping cart could basically be shut off any time with something like the flick of a switch.

That this does not happen represents a decision by LL to continue with the current pattern of delivery failures until, someday, maybe, DD will both work and solve the shopping cart problem.

Glad this came up today as I just saw my first "Partially Failed" notice and though WTF, is that like being Partially Pregnant?

Either is failed or it didn't but whatever this means, in the end, I contacted that customer and also resent the item to be safe.  It will interesting to hear back from my customer to see what it was.

Josh Susanto wrote:

Unfortunately, I have a HUGE amount of experience with this, mostly in August.

My bet will be on the combined use of the shopping cart with a box on a borked sim.

do you have data on what days of the week they failed?  could it be the rolling restarts affecting them?

Thanks everyone for your responses!

I sat down and took a little more time to look through the transactions, and wracked my memory to see if I could remember having done anything different with the one particular Magic Box.

The strange thing is, that some of the items in the Magic Box seem to be delivering just fine, but other items are not. The ones that do not deliver, HAVE delivered in the past, but now recently are not.

The other issue seems to be that these people are NOT being refunded when delivery is failing! So now I have this giant task of tracking them all down and trying to repay them! Oy ve!!!!! What in good lord's name is going on here???? Aren't they supposed to automatically have their money returned to them when the item doesn't deliver?

One last question: If I move my Magic Boxes to another sim, do I need to delete the items in my store and re-enter them? I really can't imagine that this is anything other than a sim issue (only because I haven't DONE anything to my boxes other than to put items into them).

Thanks again everyone for your input!

I'm sorry, I'm unfamiliar with a lot of the more technical terms here. What is DD?

What you're saying is, that you believe the issue I'm experiencing is an issue with some of the coding involved in the communication between the Marketplace web site and the Magic Boxes, correct?

I've added more detail above to the issue that I'm seeing with my Marketplace store. Just wondering if you believe that the problem I'm describing sounds typical to you of a problem caused more by coding or by sim issues? Hoping that your more technical knowledge will help me pinpoint exactly how to 'get at' this problem so I can get my store running right again!

Thanks for your help!

• Moderators

Chippie Waffle wrote:

Thanks everyone for your responses!

I sat down and took a little more time to look through the transactions, and wracked my memory to see if I could remember having done anything different with the one particular Magic Box.

The strange thing is, that some of the items in the Magic Box seem to be delivering just fine, but other items are not. The ones that do not deliver, HAVE delivered in the past, but now recently are not.

The other issue seems to be that these people are NOT being refunded when delivery is failing! So now I have this giant task of tracking them all down and trying to repay them! Oy ve!!!!! What in good lord's name is going on here???? Aren't they supposed to automatically have their money returned to them when the item doesn't deliver?

One last question: If I move my Magic Boxes to another sim, do I need to delete the items in my store and re-enter them? I really can't imagine that this is anything other than a sim issue (only because I haven't DONE anything to my boxes other than to put items into them).

Thanks again everyone for your input!

Greetings Chippie!

If the SLM Order says Delivery Partially Failed it means that one or more products on the order could not be delivered.

This may or may not actually be your product that failed to be delivered.

In order to verify that it was your item you will need to review the Order Summary to see the entry for your product.

The Line Item Entry on the Order Summary will show you your products along with information regarding whether or not your item was the one that could not be delivered.

Any SLM Order that shows Failed on the SLM web site will result in the buyer being automatically refunded.

If the buyer contacts you and states that they did not receive the refund, please advise them to contact Customer Support through the Support Portal and provide us with the SLM Order Number and we will be able to assist them with locating the refund entry on their L$ Transaction Log.

Ive had this issue, and being newer to marketplace stuff I tried to buy my own item and it worked so I contacted some of the people that tired but failed.. I had one of them say they were refunded the money but still got the item..

I got a message from the box saying that TWO items were delivered, but I have all failed from today, today 9/23/2011 is the only day Ive made any sales and they all failed.. Now what can we do if someone purchased an item, but got refunded, and still got the item?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4669 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.