Who was your first benefactor? (Thank you for helping me as a newbie!)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Astry Mirabeau, my RL grown daughter, was my first benefactor.  It was my second time to log in.  I ventured off Orientation Island and promptly got lost in a furry sim.  I IM'd her for help.  I am sure at the time she was horrified that her parents followed her into SL, but when she TP'd me to her location I am sure she was even more horrified at my appearance. LOL.  Trying to remember, I think I had yellow hair, wearing a tie-dye shirt, some short pants of some type, and huge wings.  It was so obvious I was an Orientation Island refugee.  She proceeded to drop about L$6000 on my avatar within the next couple of hours.  Skin, hair and AO.  Still wearing the same skin and hair.  A few days later, she and some good friends of hers, Paoeti and HD Pomeray, got together and rented us a plot on a private island beach for several months.  I immediately went to building.  All 3 of them were established merchants, and I must have bugged the crap out of them with questions.  Learned a lot.  Had great fun.  Still here. 

I wish I knew who mine was. She was my angel on my first day.

I've thought about this and I reckon it has to be Dino Moleno.

We've been friends almost since day one, even though I knew he was older than me, but he taught me not to be frightened of building.

When we first met, he let me modify a building he'd created. He gave me full rights and I clicked something and it all collapsed.

I spent the whole day trying to fix that before he came online lol.

Without Dino's patience, I wouldn't still be messing around in here trying to find my forte, and having great fun doing so.

• 2 weeks later...

Kenbro, my RL dad is in SL as well and he cost a LOT more. Then he would constantly be iming me to ask how to adjust this or that or hit me up for MORE Linden. He cost me a bundle.

But he's happy. And he supports my endeavors in SL and understands more of what I am doing. And he doesn't bother me anymore.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.