Partial mesh?

Pookiepie Bluecoat

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4603 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yes, I would. I have not seen flowing, transparent skirts in mesh yet. Today, these gowns have glitch pants or a system skirt under. I think it would be great with a rigged mesh skirt, and you could add on flexi skirts over.  Or wear the mesh skirt alone as a mermaid gown.

For parts that don't have to be rigged, like sleeves, it would be best to just use attach so they can be resized. Also corsages and sculpted flowers could be worn so it was possible to edit them to sit right. It seems to me that most mesh designers try to make everything in mesh and everything worn at once. That makes mesh more limited than it has to be. 

The description has to say what you can do with each piece, and what is rigged or not. 

I know some folks are working on employing mesh with other prims and sculpties. The problem right now is the mesh is not resizable, which is causing some consternation and disappointment among builders and users alike.

Maxwell Graf submitted a jira that addresses this. He acknowledges that the solution may be costly to SL but he is holding out hope they will implement it.

I am pretty confident either way that people will innovate to combo the elements once they find workarounds. I remember when sculpties seemed like stiff little blobs and now people use them in the most amazing ways in SL, combo'd with regular prims, flexis, etc.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4603 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.