SL is kind of messed up tonight but it did give me this

Bree Giffen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4628 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A cache issue perhaps? That's the first thing to try: preferences/network, (I think), clear cache. If your PC is a good one try maximising the cache size also. (there used to be 3 clearable caches in some third party viewers, not sure now).

It is always beneficial to have your viewer cache in a seperate partition if you do in fact have multiple partitions on your drive. Also having a seperate cache folder for each viewer tends to make things run smoother and goes a long way to ensuring reliability.

These are some of the things I have found and there are far more knowledgeable people than I about so I won't continue to guess. At 480 posts I am thinking you might know these things perhaps?

Let's just hope it isn't the dreaded Sleprosy :-o

I wouldn't wish that upon anyone! *crosses fingers

A lot of people don't realize that the performance problems that they experience in SL are related to their computer and not LL.  

Different types of computers respond differently to different viewers in terms of graphics and efficiency.  Some computers, particularly lap tops, can only function on low graphics or similar problems to the one described will result.

The default setting for SL on my lap top is for low graphics but I am able to increase the setting to the mid-rage if I turn off some of the features.  If I do not do this, my avatar ends up looking like the pic or the screen goes black sometimes. 

I recommend that you adjust the graphics settings of your viewer under preferences to correct this kind of problem.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4628 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.