SL Gripe: New Profile Formats

kurt7D8 Avon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4607 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I am a loner in RL and SL!  However, I still need friends.  I just prefer interaction with individuals and not groups.

I can't remember the iteration of the previous viewer -- Hey, I'm 58 -- but it used to be a snap to Rt. Clk. + Profile and that Profile would snap into place in less than a second.  In a couple minutes I could read four or five Profiles and find out if I wanted to IM.

NOW, in the present Viewer, the Profile takes minutes to appear, fills up 1/3 of my screen, and that takes more minutes to load.  Usually I give up.

kurt7D8 Avon if you want to check my Profile -- good luck!

You're a cool looking guy for 58 (it's the pony-tail). Let me suggest using Singularity, download from singularityviewer.org

When you have the viewer open, click radar and then profile. That will allow you to quickly check profiles. Might also help to ensure you have an up-to-date computer with a good graphics card and fast internet connection. 

I'm going to check out Singularity.  From what you and another resident said, this viewer may also have a de facto undo function where you can return an object (such as the wall of your house) to its original position.

If I still prefer SL Viewer, I could still use the other for specific functions.

Thanks for the recommend.

I just tried Singularity.  One more chance and, sadly, I might have to give it the boot.  More on this in a second.  LL's Viewer 2.0's Profile's failure to load is a deal-breaker for this viewer.  2.0 is just fine--and has notable improvements--for working around the house, but if you only IM (like me), then Profiles are critical for social ineraction.  I could use 2.0 around the house and Singularity for talking but, nah, I want to find one favorite viewer . . . 

Singularity's Radar is WONDERFUL!  It loads a tiny bit slower than LL 1.0 Profile, but has much more information (a whole AV list by distance) but loads OK.

The problem is that on my Mac OS X Snow Leopard, the Singularity software crashes evert time I log on within about 10 minutes.  And if I toggle Full Screen, it crases the OS, my display turns into snow, I lose my mouse and keyboard function (no display), and must do an improper shutdown.  I changed a bunch of preferences.  I will uninstall and do a clean install without config and see if I still get crashes. If so, on to checking out Phoenix and Firestorm . . . 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4607 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.