Scary movies

valerie Inshan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4619 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Oh Void! Watching at this trailer still makes jump. I remember I went to see this movie alone when it was just released in France. At some point, I got so scared I unconsciouly grabed my neighour's arm and made him jump and scream in fear and surprise, lol, he was a perfect stranger along with his wife, and I think most of the persons in the cinema started to scream too at that time!

Angelique LaFollette wrote:

Oooo, a Subject i can REALLY get in to.
:)

I have a DVD Collection that frightens people for all of it's size. I have almost every Horror Movie made between 1929 and 1979, So,, yes I Know the subject well (Well enough to be writing a book on it).

I would have to say IMO, the #1 all time Scariest movie ever made was "The Haunting" MGM, 1963, Starring Julie Harris, Claire Bloom, Richard Johnson, and Russ Tamblyn.

Thehaunting1963.png

This is a Movie that Builds and Sustains a Hightened sense of Suspense and Horror and throws in some Genuine Frights All with minimal effects. It's all done with Lighting, Camera Angles, Incidental Music, and genuine performances. They never Once show you a Ghost, There is no raw meat being thrust in your face, The TRUE Horror of the piece is the uncertainty that is never given a pat, simple answer.

Watch it alone with the Lights out, and i Promise you, You won't sleep that night.
:)

For me, you can keep your slashers, and Guts, and spraying blood. If you can get the Same or greater level of Horror without having to Gross yourself out, You've found True Horror.

Angel.

That movie is one of my favorites of all times too! The pounding sounding loud at night in the hallway is probably one the scariest "non special" effect ever! Such a brilliant idea!

Don't laugh, but The Blob absolutely terrified me. I was only about 7 when I saw it, so maybe that's alright. I just realised what a fabulous trailer it had.

Since then I've grown pretty hard to scare. I found Alien tense and a little squicky (at 11), but I can't say it scared me. Other films have been shocking or unsettling, maybe even upsetting, but not scared or even particularly excited.

Jacob's Ladder fascinated me, and I thought it was wonderfully creepy and disquieting. It's probably as close to scared as I've been since The Blob.

Raul Rehnquist wrote:

SalemsLot11.jpg

The Vampire from Salem's Lot freaked me out when i first saw it.

Angel:

I would have found it Frightening had i Not seen it first in "Nosferatu" 1922 Portrayed by Max Schreck

nosferatu_1922.jpg

Salems Lot was for me Just a colour version

If you liked "The Haunting, you will also like "The Innocents" Fox 1961 Starring Deborah Kerr

Theinnocentsposters.jpg

It's a Brilliant retelling of the classic gothic tale "A Turn of the Screw" Again, with exceptional cinematography, and intense performances it builds to a Peak of True horror. I usually place as an extremely close second to "The Haunting" because in this case, you ARE shown the ghosts.

Again, see it alone, with the lights Out, and have plenty of Popcorn on hand. :)

I could Go on about this all Day, I just LOVE my Horror Movies. :)

Angel

Kelli May wrote:

Don't laugh, but The Blob absolutely terrified me. I was only about 7 when I saw it, so maybe that's alright. I just realised what a fabulous trailer it had.

Since then I've grown pretty hard to scare. I found Alien tense and a little squicky (at 11), but I can't say it scared me. Other films have been shocking or unsettling, maybe even upsetting, but not scared or even particularly excited.

Jacob's Ladder fascinated me, and I thought it was wonderfully creepy and disquieting. It's probably as close to scared as I've been since The Blob.

Very cool. Steve McQueen at like 20! And I really liked Jacob's Ladder, too. I don't think anyone's mentioned this one:

He-e-e-r-e's Johnny!

I couldn't remember the name of this movie and I've been hunting for it ever since I saw this thread. I only rented it because it uh, featured sorority girls and I was like, doing a study on stuff like that. Really. But it turned out to be a really good movie. A great cast, a lot of humor, and while there wasn't much gore, it was scary as hell.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4619 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.