My problem with premium and the so called free land and free home

Linera Bekes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4682 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's up to you whether you listen to the responses of those in your thread or not. We're all (both?) telling you that you will not be charged an additional $5 for your 512m of land. The list is written poorly, I don't deny that. You're correct, it should say "additional," but they likely assume you know, since, as you say, you must have a premium membership - and thus already have 512m of free land - in order to purchase any land. 

You seem to be relying too heavily on the poorly written LL guide, rather than the experiences/knowledge of other members. I'm not certain if you came to the forums solely to complain about your interpretation of the failure of premium, or if you actually wanted some advice and personal experience, as you don't seem willing to take the advice and experience you're being offered. Either way, I wish you luck in figuring out the prices and true cost of premium. I maintain my stance that you will NOT be charged an additional $5 for your land/Linden home unless you own more than that original 512m.

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

This is yet another reference, direct from LL:

NOTE: Basic membership users are ineligible to get land. Upgrade to a
and you will be eligible to get land.
There will be no monthly maintenance fees on your first 512 m2 of land

Believe it.

Yes FIRST 512m2 is tier free, any land holding above 512 [even a 16m2 plot] will cause charges to the next tier level.  ;-)

Sure, the first 512 of tier is included in your premium membership. 

But if the whole thing bothers you so much, you can forego the membership, use your 10 dollars per month to buy lindens, and rent from someone else.  10 dollars worth of lindens per month should keep you in a rented home and leave you lindens to spend.

Linera Bekes wrote:

Since its not coming from LL who's gonna pay for it if I get screwed and the site is correct and that free land is an extra $5/month. since LL isn't stating that is not an extra $5/month, if it really is they ain't gonna fix it

I will pay.

And... when you don't get charged the extra $5 per month for the extra 512m you haven't got then you can pay me (:

Linera Bekes wrote:

Says it right here

just under Land Maintenance.

says: "512sqm is $5/month"

The tier levels shown on the Land Fees page are for "additional" land.

As a premium member you are entitled to a Tier-free 512sqm plot whether you have any additional land or not.

You can use your free 512 allowance to either have a free Linden Home or to offset partial charges on a bigger maniland plot.

So, if you bought a 1024sqm plot, you would have your 512 allowance + an ADDITIONAL 512 and you would pay $5 a month for the additional land in accordance with the land fees page.

Not sure what you are looking at but a 512 is tier free if you are premium.  I am a premium member, have a 512 plot and have never paid $5.  I could choose to have a Linden Home instead of my land but, prefer not to live in a colony

In addition to the land, I also receive:

• Weekly stipend of linden (like a allowance from your parents)
  • You receive 1000L bonus 45 days after you become Premium
  • I can own mainland property if I choose..non premium members can only rent from private estate owners
  • I get extend support and the ability to use Live Chat for instant help.  There is little to no help for non Premium
  • Recently they also made available Premium member only Sandboxes

I get most of what I spend in dollars back in the form of Lindens and the extra benefits like service make Premium membership a good value to me

If you opt for a 512 sqm. mainland parcel instead of a Linden Home, you have to purchase it, but you can also resell it later. You also can't have a store in a Linden Home.

You could rent land on a private estate, with no Premium account required. It would be up to the estate owner whether stores are allowed, but there are also an abundance of malls to rent store space.

But, if it all "costs way too much," perhaps SL is not for you. Might I suggest Club Penguin?

Linera Bekes wrote:

Gee, how nice. you have only 2 options with land: either use the stupid premade homes(which you can't mod) or rent land which cost way too much.

So much for this then. I wanted to have a home/store.

Really? How is this *soooooooooooo* difficult for you? I mean... REALLY. It's very simple. Premium get 512 tier included in their sub for free, which can either be used with a standard 512 lot OR you can choose to have a Linden home. You can rent land if you are premium or basic, but that has absolutely nothing to do with tier on your account.

Actually I think if you're having this much trouble understanding, much less BELIEVING what people tell you here, you're gonna just have a blast trying to figure out how to create and market any content.

Linera Bekes wrote:

It changes nothing, I just tried it.

Then you're doing it wrong. When you turn on the option to show land for sale, you will start to see MASSIVE amounts of land for sale all over the mainland. All you have to do then is find a parcel that suits you, right click and buy it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4682 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.