Why am I getting a message that I have to abandon land I have in order to downgrade to basic?

Leia Verlaine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4626 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

It keeps giving me a message that I have to abandon land if I want to downgrade from premium to basic account. I want to change it 'cause the land fees are more than I had planned on. I recently bought a bigger land of 2048sqm which according to the land use fees chart it is suppose to be $15 a month but it is saying it will charge me $25 a month. I can't afford the premium account of $10 a month if I have to pay $25 a month now for my mainland home. I have already abandoned the premium home I had so it makes no sense that I am getting that message. I refuse to abandon a land that took me a long search to find. Can someone please tell me how I can downgrade from premium to basic without abandoning my new mainland home? (by the way i miss just being able to put in a support ticket)

5 answers to this question

Leia Verlaine wrote:

Can someone please tell me how I can downgrade from premium to basic without abandoning my new mainland home? (by the way i miss just being able to put in a support ticket)

You cannot. Only Pfremium accounts can own land in Mainland. If you want be a Basic account, you cannot own land in Mainland: yos muts avandon or sell your Mainlan porperties before downgrade to Basic account.

• Like 1

You are not entitled to directly own ANY Mainland parcels, if you downgrade from Premium to Basic. So that 2048 Mainland parcel has to go too, and that is what the message is telling you. Part of the ongoing cost of keeping any Mainland parcels that you purchased is maintaining your Premium Membership dues in good standing.

As a Basic member, you CAN rent parcels from other Residents, or you can 'buy' a parcel on a private island sim and pay monthly fees to the sim owner, but you can not directly "Own" a parcel of land and pay tier directly to Linden Lab.

If it says it is going to charge you $25 tier fee, you need to check what land you are being charged for.

Look on you dashboard in the land manager section & check "group land" & "my mainland" to see what land you are being changed for.

You can get rid of all your land & just stay premium and have a Linden Home & then you wont` be charged any tier fees, but you cannot downgrade from premium & still keep any mainland.

Simple: you MUST have a premium account to OWN any land, be it the freebie house or the new digs you just bought on mainland. As the others have told you, the land you bought has a fixed tier price that you pay directly to Linden Lab.  Your 2K parcel will require you to pay only 15$ a month to LL.  If someone is trying to tell you that you also have to pay some group membership every month, you can quit that group  -- the only requirement for land ownership is the premium account.  People can require a group membership and monthly fee for that group when you rent land, but nobody can require that of you when you've bought the land; the only people you have to pay is Linden Labs.

If you are going to keep the land awhile, one way to lower the cost is to pay your premium account for a whole year ahead of time.  You then pay only 7$ a month for premium after all the math is done. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4626 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.