Chimera not working right anymore?

DjWhiteBoi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4612 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I had a chimera but it broke so I got a new one and now the dance that I had in there previously, will not go back in the new one.   The perms on the dance are modify, copy, but no transfer.    I thought as long as it was copyable it could be placed in chimera because I had it in my previous Chimera and never had an issue.  Did something get changed?

Most animations for dances give you two options when you buy them, one is copy and one is transfer only.  If you have a transfer only copy, you can either go back to many dance creators and get a copy one or you just rezz the chim on the ground, open it, move the content to your inventory, then move them into your new chimy.

It should not matter what the perms of the anims / dances are

i have a hud and club dance balls in my club with a mix of trans and copy amins

if your dance is trans then the original will move from your inv to the chim

if your dance is copy then a copy will go into the chim and leave one in your inv

edit to add

it may just be SL playing up lag etc, try it agian later

Phoebe

If all of the above ideas don't work here is a common help for all SL issues.  Try again later.

Glitches like this tend to work themselves out and permissions are always seeing glitches.  In fact, last night I couldn't edit some of my own creations saying I didn't have permission. All of the permission boxes where grey and checked so, I logged out, made dinner and came back later where it then worked.

Hmm a day later and its still not working..

Yes, when I put it on the ground I can finally add the one I've been trying to get to work into it..

However, the chimera then becomes no copy,no modify, no transfer and when I equip it the chimera becomes broken

Did you reset the scripts?  Sometimes the chimera will not work if you were wearing it and crashed.  Drag the chim to the ground and 'edit'.  Then click Tools on your top toolbar (or wherever you find 'tools' in your viewer) and pick 'reset scripts in selection'.  Once you see a box with the word 'Done' at the bottom, take the chim back into your inventory or leave it out to load or replace dance loops.  It should work.

I have this problem too with one AO I purchased.  I love the AO, but when I wear that particular AO, it stops my chim from working.  The only way I seem to be able to correct the problem with the chim, is to take that particular AO off. 

Do you use an AO? 

• 2 weeks later...

DjWhiteBoi wrote:Yes, when I put it on the ground I can finally add the one I've been trying to get to work into it..

If (for instance) there are things in the contents that are no-copy, things in the contents that are no-mod, and things in the contents that are no-trans then in Inventory (since the perms are folded) the thing will LOOK no CM/T but the individual components will have their same-old perms (barring a bug, which happens on occasion or if originally the creator changed perms without rezzing it and the perms had not taken affect - which they do on rez).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4612 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.