how many times have i been banned...

Nina Stepford

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4692 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

for seeking clarification to the 'solicitation/advertising' policy? 3? 4?

is this number 5 coming up then?

how many bans before i get my permaban for asking about the policy? is this thread going to vanish like my others?

is it forbidden to post links to third party sites then? if so, why are so many posted about?

I think the links that are frowned upon are links to other SL-related fora, not personal blogs.

If you have a question about banning, you might take it up directly with a mod.  Glenn or Mike, perhaps.  Their surnames are 'Moderator'.

ETA:  Is this another 'not-so-stealthy' promotional advert?

Venus Petrov wrote:

I think the links that are frowned upon are links to other SL-related fora, not personal blogs.

If you have a question about banning, you might take it up directly with a mod.  Glenn or Mike, perhaps.  Their surnames are 'Moderator'.

i was under the impression that it was forbidden to question the moderators.

i was banned for that too.

Nina Stepford wrote:

Venus Petrov wrote:

Not entirely true.  Normally, if a post or thread is pulled for violating a Community Guideline, you will be informed via PM.  If you are not informed, you can still ask via PM 'why' and they will reply.

I think it's ok to mention your forum: gotVirtual.net aka gV.  Some very cool people post over there.  Maybe we can all share posters.  Encourage Pants, CaTo, Cato, yourself, and many others to come back here and post an OP in GD. I promise you I will respond and you will have some fun.  Wear your signature and respond. Advertising, duh!  If other posters get to know who you are perhaps they will start a few threads on your forum.   It should be about sharing; tell me it isn't and you will lose my participation on your forum.      

Nina Stepford wrote:

The "deciding line" is based on how you question and what you question. For example, if you have a post pulled and you "question the moderator" by asking "why was my post pulled?" then that is a legitimate question (that should be asked in private) and most likely you'll receive an answer.

But then after receiving the answer, you then turn around and "question the moderator" by asking "are you a freaking idiot? Were your parents siblings? Have you trimmed your knuckle hair lately?" (or similar questions) then I think you can expect your questions will not receive answers.

As a less humorous example, if you "question the moderator" by openly challenging their decision ... the distinction being that you dispute their decision and refuse to let it go .. you can also expect you will not be answered.

If you legitimately feel that the moderator made a mistake and you wish to dispute it, then do so in a rational and logical manner that proves your point, not one that proves your lung power (or ability to use all caps and boldface).

The moderators are the local authority figures. Like any power structure there are methods available to appeal a decision and have it reviewed. Speaking from personal experience, it's even possible to win the review too.

Now that I've supplied a rational and logical response to your question, I have one for you. Was this thread just a poke at the hornet's nest? LOL

Linden Lab wrote:

"I’ve been getting a lot of emails from people that know nothing about Second Life, but have somehow found my blog through various social networks, asking me for more information. Therefore I figured I would write up a quick tutorial for those interested in joining and looking for some free resources to kick start their inventory..." Keep reading at StrawberrySingh.com

we are not even allowed to link to gV from the new blogrum, yet ythe lab does this? actually pimp a link to some third-party non-linden website that offers the same 'products and services' as gv?

how incredibly lop-sided is that? is this the FIC thing i have heard about then? while i am forbidden from linking to gotVirtual.net because it provides 'products and services' (the ability to post comments), there is no problem whatsoever with  FEATURED NEWS posts consisting of a link to a third party blog loaded with no less than a 19 advertisements and a private ad service.

i suppose i am wrong to be annoyd about that...

Darrius Gothly wrote:

Nina Stepford wrote:

The "deciding line" is based on how you question and what you question. For example, if you have a post pulled and you "question the moderator" by asking "why was my post pulled?" then that is a legitimate question (that should be asked in private) and most likely you'll receive an answer.

But then after receiving the answer, you then turn around and "question the moderator" by asking "are you a freaking idiot? Were your parents siblings? Have you trimmed your knuckle hair lately?" (or similar questions) then I think you can expect your questions will not receive answers.

As a less humorous example, if you "question the moderator" by openly challenging their decision ... the distinction being that you dispute their decision and refuse to let it go .. you can also expect you will not be answered.

If you legitimately feel that the moderator made a mistake and you wish to dispute it, then do so in a rational and logical manner that proves your point, not one that proves your lung power (or ability to use all caps and boldface).

The moderators are the local authority figures. Like any power structure there are methods available to appeal a decision and have it reviewed. Speaking from personal experience, it's even possible to win the review too.

Now that I've supplied a rational and logical response to your question, I have one for you. Was this thread just a poke at the hornet's nest? LOL

do i strike you as that kind of person then? an illogical blathering troll?

i would suggest that one can read back on some of my earlier threads (that werent deleted) for the answer:

here is a post i was busted for. i think the first ban in fact.

here is one of my threads that wasnt deleted, for whatever reason.

i dont have a high post count here. if the character you describe is anything like me the post should be easy to find.

I find it even more amusing that you've found ways to be censored, even for unsubstantiated reasons, on every forum where you choose to post.

DG (proving once again that needlessly complicating the content of your posts does not necessarily thwart comprehension by everyone involved.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4692 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.