Turning you avatar around

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4661 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

alt, not ctrl.... it takes a little getting used to unless you have extra programmable mouse buttons (if you do, add one for alt key that's comfortable to hold down with left click, and set it for SL use)

alt + click +
left (rotate around the left of what you clicked on)
right (rotate around the right of what you clicked on)
fwd/up (zoom in on what you clicked on)
back/dwn (zoom out from what you clicked on)

adding ctrl to that mix changes fwd to rotate over, and back to rotate under.

the directions work with the mouse or the keyboard, but with the mouse you also have to click.

• Like 1

You could turn the camera around by using the mouse wheel and mouse (eta: or arrow keys), while your av is standing on the pose stand or sitting in the chair.

Or you could still the camera on your avatar, and move it around to the front. Others have said how to do this. It just takes some practice. Don't worry you will get it.

I posted this snapshot in another thread. It shows the button that bring up the camera controls, it is called "View". 

screen_003.jpg

You see the two wheels? The one to the right sends your camera out, the one to the left rotates it. The + and - in the middle is the zoom in, zoom out. Under is an eye icon, click that and you get 3 camera presets. One for a closeup of the face/chest, one for a side view and the default view from behind. Click the face view, that's the quick and easy way. Remember to change it back, or else you will have a lot of trouble walking when you see yourself from the front all the time. ;) 

Edit: I see that Willow have told you about the view button, but it is helpful to see a picture? I assume you use viewer 2. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4661 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.