How can I ban a deviant user? He has found a way to bypass the ban list!

Maxwell Grantly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4080 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

8 answers to this question

Regardless of how he is managing to evade your systems, the correct response is to take photos every time he appears, engage him in conversation and keep the logs and then file repeated Abuse Reports, including the documentation in each one.  Let LL deal with the bigger issue.

ETA:  You might try using a targeted script to deal with him. Something like this ...

key BadGuy = "Put Bad Guy's UUID Here";default{	state_entry()	{		llSensorRepeat("",BadGuy,AGENT,96.0,PI,10.0);	}	sensor(integer num)	{		llTeleportAgentHome(BadGuy);		llAddToLandBanList(BadGuy,0.0);	}}

Put that in a prim somewhere in the center of your parcel, being sure that you have put the offender's UUID into the quotes in key Badguy at the top of the script.  It does a quick scan every 10 seconds. If it sees him, specifically, within 96m, it will eject him to his home location and place him permanently on the parcel's ban list. This will only work, of course, if you are the land owner.

• Like 1

As the others have said, file an abuse report for a more permanent fix, but, it is really strange that the land ban list isnt working. It is possible to get round security systems but I have never heard of a land ban list not working. I wonder, even if you can see the name on the list, if the system has really actually picked up the person to ban. Did you try unbanning him, closing about land, then opening it and banning him again? Long shot I know but sometimes what you can see is not actually what the system is seeing ! Also, i am really very sorry for you Maxwell and I hope this thing gets sorted.

When did you last have the region restarted?  If I was you, I would be talking to Live Chat/Concierge Help about this issue.

Also, the more people who submit an Abuse Report against the griefer, the more chance they will be suspended/deleted from Second Life on grounds of harrassment. 

You might want to take a look at this JIRA also

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-4632

• Like 1

Rather than add yet another note to my earlier response, here's one other thing to think about.  If you have been unsuccessful in adding him to the ban list, check to be sure that you are using his username, not a Display Name.   A display name is like a nickname, not regcognized by official functions like the ban list.  That's why the script I offered doesn't use a name at all.  It wants his UUID, which cannot be hidden.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4080 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.