Need a better quality skin.

rod Levee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have had the same cheap skin since I started SL. I was wondering if there is someone that can make me a better quality skin without changing the way I look? Can't you people understand I just want the skin to look better. I will never change the way I look.

4 answers to this question

The whole idea of getting a better skin is to change the way you look, so isn't this sort of an oxymoronic request?  :smileytongue:

I know what you mean, though.  What you need to do is rephrase your question, add some more details, and post it in the Wanted section of the Commerce forums >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Wanted/bd-p/Wanted .  Some good skin designer may see it there and be willing to charge you an incredibly high fee to make a custom skin.

As Rolig suggests, you could probably get someone to make you a custom skin, but I've always found that -- admittedly sometimes at the cost of quite some time shopping round and then subtly  tweaking my shape (particularly my face) to suit the skin -- I've been able to alter my look to my satisfaction without dramatically changing my overall appearance. 

I agree with the first posters (whose names are of course not visible to me now when I write this response. Grrrrr. Fail.)

Surely the point of changing your skin is to change your appearance? If you don't want to change the way you look, then just don't change the way you look. Case solved!

Just out of curiosity, why not buy one? Or if you don't want to spend even even a few RL pennies, why not go to one of the many freebie places and "buy" one for L$0? Feel free to contact me inworld if you want some LMs (drop a notecard, I'm on holiday and don't have enough bandwidth to get online so IMs will be capped).

Pretty much changing your skin will change how you look.  But, you cannot stay in same ugly nooblet skin forever : )

Go to some of the men's skin shops and grab up a huge pile of demos then go home and try them on...if body detail is important to you try them on naked.  Men's skin shops I like a lot include Abyss, Belleza, DNA, Signature, Laqroki, Redgrave, LaVie, Sawode, Den-Dou, Cheerno there are tons of others but these will be a good start.

Each of these creators has their own unique style, so what works for you is a matter of personal taste and what feels most like "you".

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.