Is there a way to get the old viewer 2 back?

maplesky Nightfire

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4651 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

It is possible to get an older version of the LL Series 2 viewer. I suggset you go the other way. Get one of the Beta or Development versions as they have more fixes. Also, they have more of the correct code for working with new server versions.

See: Snowstorm Project

The Beta is here: Second Life Viewer Beta

Also, when a viewer fails, restart your computer. Open the viewer and DO NOT login. Open Preferences and in Setup click the Clear Cache button. Restart the viewer to actually have it clear the cache.

There are Third Party Viewers. You can find thim here: Alternate Viewers

If you are going to use more than one viewer, you need to read Second Life Clean Install to understand what order to install them in. I does make a diference.

Also frustrated with "new" version. Ever since mid Dec--I have been wasting hours trying to figure out how to get 2nd life to work. Then I found I had the Viewer 2 in my downloads and I used it and a kind soul told me how to stop the autodownloads that I had to keep uninstalling and then reinstalling 2 AGAIN!! Now today I tried my "2" and textures are not showing well at all. I saw there was a different version--so I tried that and back to the first problem of a black screen with almost half gray screen--no login, no menu. So frustrating. Trying to take a class and make a class and now I am going to look at one of those other viewers...I want to be building!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4651 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.