I HAVE PROBLEM WITH ELIES ISLAND I BUY LAND FROM THEM AND PAID 16 WEEKS ADVANCE AND NOW IM OUT OF

SWEEPEA1488304148

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

DIR  SIR                                                                                                                        07-24-11

GOOD MORNIBG PLEASE I NEED HELP   I  HAD ORIGINALLY BOUGHT LAND  FROM PROPERTY OWNER  AT ELIES ISLAND     THEY SOLD ME THE LAND     THE TIER  WAS 1580  PER  WEEK   EACH  PIEACE I  HAVE PAID THEM IN ADVANCE   15 WEEKS  ON  TWO PIECES   AND  OTHER TWO PIECES WERE  ALSO ADVANCE PAY    FOR 8 WEEKS EACH    , THE ACTUAL PROPERTY OWNER     SAY  THAT ELIES ISLAND DID NOT PAY THERE  RENT WHITCH I DID NT KNOW IT WAS SUB PURCHASED    I KNOW NOW BECAUSE  THE OWNER SAY  THAT ELIES ISLAND  DIDNT PAY THEM  NO RENT  AND  NOW IM OUT OF  MY LAND AND MY ADVANCE PAY  IM WELL OVER 65K  IN LINDENS  THAT  ELIES ISLAND  HAS TAKEN FROM ME    AND     NOW IM OUT OF MY LAND

AND MY MONIES,  I NEED SOMEONE TO PLEASE  GIVE  ME SOME KIND OF IMFORMATION ON THIS ISSUE , I ALSO HAVE NEIGHBORS THAT WILL COMPLAIN AS WELL THERE LAND WAS ALSO TAKEN    ,  PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS  I NEED  URGENT HELP  . I LOOK FOWARD TO AN  ANSWER   YOU CAN  EMAIL ME  AT  STARR06112000@HOTMAIL.COM.  THANK YOU    VERY MUCH

4 answers to this question

HI SWEEPEA

UNFORTUNATLY THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE CAN DO; NOT EVEN YOU.  LL WILL NOT GET INVOLVED IN DISPUTES OF THIS NATURE.  YOU AND THE OTHERS HAVE TO "SUCK IT UP" AND LET IT GO.  THIS HAPPENS QUITE OFTEN TO SL'ers.  I AM SORRY IT HAPPENED TO YOU.  I THINK THERE ARE MANY HONEST LANDLORDS TOO.  I HOPE YOU FIND ONE.

Dear However!

Your your shift-key seems to be stuck as your text is in all-caps. I am sorry to inform you this is a resident to resident only forum and not an official way to contact Linden Lab. However, as you didn't purchase land directly from Linden Lab but some other resident, it is a resident to resident issue Linden Lab will not take any action in this dispute. You will have to sort it out with whoever you made the deal with. In the very extreme, you might even go and sue the person that took away your money, but in the end it is very unrealistic you will ever see your money again but have to accept this incidence as a learning experience.

I feel sorry for your loss.  Like the other responders, though, I'm afraid there's nothing you can do about it.  This happens occasionally in SL, and it's not always deliberate.  If a landlord has a computer problem and can't get in world to make tier payments, or has other RL problems, s/he can lose a sim and all the L$ invested in it.  It can be a much greater financial loss for the landlord than the loss you are experiencing as a tenant.  Unfortunately, there is no TOS violation involved here, so LL is unlikely to intervene.  If you have any objects stranded on the sim, though, you can use Live Chat to ask LL to give you a chance to get onto the sim and retrieve them. 

BTW, you should immediately remove your e-mail address from your post.  This is a public forum.  Placing your address here can make you the target of spam or certain forms of identity theft.

Sweep your loses away, it is unlikely you will get them back.  If you wish to purchase land (not rent), buy land on Mainland.  All mainland land is 'owned' by LL and it is directly to them you will pay tier.  There is no middle man.

There are many, many reputable landlords out there who own private sims from whom you may purchase land (and pay tier to them).

The important thing when dealing with estate landlords is to READ THE COVENANT.  Secondly, ASK QUESTIONS.  You have just had a very painful experience.  Learn from it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.