New Tattoo Artist having problems please help

LifesATrip

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4809 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I recently started making tattoos for second life, at first they were for just me but decided i like to share or even sell them and this is the problem...i will share a tattoo (in shirt or jacket any kind of form) and no matter what, when my friend recieves it they can only (wear it) there is no option for them to (add or attach) so is there any way to make sure my created tattoos are addable? instead of just having to settle with wearing them??

Hi, LifesATrip.. I make tattoos also.. it depends on the viewer your friend is using if they can 'add' the layer. Some viewers don't support multiple layers. I make my tatts in all clothing layers and tattoo layers. You may want to ask your friends what viewer they are using.. Kirsten's viewer, Second Life viewer and Firestorm viewer will let you have multiple layers.. I hope this helps :matte-motes-smitten:

prims you can add tattoos be it on a clothing or tattoo layer you can only wear but the recent V2's will allow you to wear several instances of a clothing or tattoo layer not just restrict you to a single layer of say a shirt or pants since i don't use LL's V2 i would assume you just click wear everytime and you won't loose any layers you're currently wearing

As someone that wears tattoos in SL, yes, you really should make them for all layers. I prefer to have the tattoo layer, but really appreciate it when a creator sales a complete set with all layers as some hairs have tattoo layers i have to wear with them and have to revert to clothing layer for my tatts,

When I had my first store it was tattoos.  One thing that really gave me a jump was in making my tats in ALL layers while also breaking them down to single parts.

For example, I would have one that could be worn on just the back or integrated with the entire full body tat.  Giving your audience more choices is always the path to success.

Just to add to an earlier point...

In any of the up to date viewers, it will be possible to add up to 5 items on each layer, from tattoo on out.

And actually - choosing "Wear" will replace whatever you are wearing on that layer already.  The correct choice if you wnat to add it is...  "Add".

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4809 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.