The resident who provided the previous content, if any, has replaced it with this generic statement.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4709 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

about the only place i saw where it  said anything about specific age was in this secrtion..is this the section you are talking about?

Gestures, sounds, and maturity ratings

Gestures and other sounds played in Second Life are handled differently than voice chat; your personal maturity rating determines whether or not you are able to hear sounds originating from a Moderate or Adult region. Your personal maturity rating must meet or exceed the maturity rating on the region you wish to hear sounds from.

Examples

• If your rating is set to General, you can only hear sounds and gestures that originate from a region that is also rated General.
  • If your rating is set to Moderate, you can hear sounds and gestures that originate from regions that are rated General or Moderate.
  • If you have verifed that you are at least 18 years old and your maturity rating is set to Adult, you can hear sounds and gestures originating from any nearby region, including Adult regions.

this is from the TOS i didn't quote the whole section.just the part that you were asking about..

2.2 Age Requirements for Use of Areas of the Service.

(ii) Users 16 and 17. If you are at least 16 years of age but less than 18 years of age (or the legal age of majority in your jurisdiction, if it is greater), then you may only access areas of the Service rated General in accordance with our Maturity Ratings. If you have used the Service under an Affiliated Account, you may continue to access your Sponsoring Organization’s Teen Estate, provided that the Sponsoring Organization permits you to continue such access upon reaching the age of 16.

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Age 18 is mentioned 2 times in the article.  Both refer to access to Adult.  I see that the TOS seems to retain the limits we were told about.  It does appear to be carefully written so that the words "rated General" could be removed from the TOS.  No need to update the KB article.

The options to hide AVs from view by those outside a parcel may have made me overly suspicious.

Although... they do fit a pattern.

ahh i see..yes i was looking in the ratings themselves for it..

This is pretty dang retarded. So, we have 3 sets of maturity ratings, but only 2 age distinctions. Boy, those Moderate people really got screwed on this, including me. I knew right when they brought up this crap that I should buy a G sim. I really need to go with my instincts more often and not put any trust in LL to make logical decisions.

Medhue Simoni wrote:

This is pretty dang retarded. So, we have 3 sets of maturity ratings, but only 2 age distinctions. Boy, those Moderate people really got screwed on this, including me. I knew right when they brought up this crap that I should buy a G sim. I really need to go with my instincts more often and not put any trust in LL to make logical decisions.

no..we have one set of maturity rating definitions which is for land settings and groups and listings and help in distinguishing what to rate lands for say commercial things ..

things that will be trying to get the Residents attention..

residents always had the tos..

and the one in the CS is just linking to it's definitions..maturity definitions..so we actually have two sets..one for everyone..

Residential and one for commercial so to speak..

I don't really see any need for this Maturity Ratings article to say anything about what teens under 18 can access in Second Life. as this is already covered very well in this Wiki article.  http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Teens_in_Second_Life

It's a slow process transferring all the Wiki articles to the Knowledge Base. If you feel it would be best to merge the two articles, send a PM to Jeremy Linden and see what he says.

basically if you are under 18 you are ristricted to G sims. If you are over 18 and age verified you can go anywhere in sl. The maturity ratings are for adults that may only want to view certain subject matter. Not all adults want to view adult subject matter even though they are old enough. Or say you are in sl and have children around you, or maybe you are playing in a public place where that kind of stuff wouldn't be appropriate to look at because of those around you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4709 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.