Ever been mugged or robbed in SL?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2723 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Deltango Vale wrote:

I had my soul stolen by a gypsy girl who put it in a bottle. She was nice, though, and gave it back. I still have the bottle.

How romantic!

When I was newer, someone teleported me to a small party of like 4 of us and then proceeded to want my password in the promise of putting money in my account so that I could go buy cute stuff. Well, I may have been new to sl but I wasn't new to the internet, so I played silly and kept giving them the wrong made up password over and over again. They became rather upset. I know. Silly story. :(

Rosemina Lusch wrote:

Anyone else ever been "robbed" or an attempted victim of robbery in SL in this manner? 

No robbing, though I have had issues with wannabe gangbangers doing drive bys, home invasions, and graffiti. Eject and ban, coupled with auto return, handles that issue admirably.

Liisa Runo wrote:

I sometimes sail the waters with my tiny pirate ship, me and my crew dressed up as tiny animal pirates. When we see other water vehicles near us, we chase them and if they stop to adore our cuteness, we demand them to give us all their gold, rum, catnip and kittylitter.

We get lots of laughs and people take pictures of us. Once got a bottle of rum.

3 years ago on July 4th, a group of four avatars dressed as redcoats drove up to my store in their jeep. Storming into my store, they demanded tea. I did give them a cup and saucer from a tea set I owned (it was copy/transfer, after all). They thanks me and went on their way,

Reminds me of your story. Yours tiny scalawags can always hit me up. ;-)

One of my friends once IM-d me saying her skybox had been invaded by three characters demanding money with menaces.   I tp-d over, whereupon they caged me and started making similar demands.   I just stood there quietly in my cage, ignoring them as I filed ARs on all three, then returned their cages and whatever, sent  them home and sim banned them.

She could have done the same, but was, understandably enough, sufficiently surprised by their sudden home invasion not to think so to do.

• 5 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2723 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.