Feeling better...

Mikki Miles

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Very nice work Mikki and 11 down to 4 does seem excellent, in fact outstanding PE ...... that's a lot of geometry for 4 prims.

Must go do more tests with some big objects. If PE is dramatically improving for small avatar size objects, perhaps there's hope for bigger objects like trees and waterfalls etc

Is there light at the end of the tunnel for large mesh PE costs ?  I do hope so.

Saw this the other day, I have to say for PE 4 its highly detailed yet small (it was about half my height). If it stays this way, which i hope it does, i would be happy to say that small meshes could infact be competative against scuplties. Now they just need to sort out the scaling issues and we could be set!

if those numbers are true across the board, thatd be wonderful. Then only a good balance for very large mesh objects needs to be found and we should be golden.

Im looking forward to seeing more reports, and especially how close to where LL wants things to be those numbers are!

for objects of this size it's really the lowest LoD that makes the difference.

I built an Ukulele, with auto LoD the PE is 16. Then I made custom Lods, medium and low with an much higher vertex count than auto LoD, but the lowest LoD really simple, with much less verts than auto LoD. It's PE is now 4.

You won't see the difference, even with RendervolumeLODfactor 1

come take a look

secondlife://Aditi/secondlife/Mesh%20Sandbox%2030/127/179/23

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.