losing lindens wth

aroura2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4671 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You are more than likely being charged group fees. Groups sometimes do this unintentionally as part of a way to pay for advertising. You can go to your account transactions and see where your money is going. If it is a group, you can choose to remain in the group or leave. You can also ask the groups owner if they are aware that the group is charging fees, if its a rather large group, they probably know, if its a rather small group, they may not be aware.

Regardless, the way to find out where your money is going is by going to your dashboard, clicking account on the left and then looking at your transaction history, make sure you back up the date to 30 days because its default is zero.

https://secondlife.com/my/account/transactions.php?lang=en-US

Sounds like you are in a group that makes members pay liabilities.  It would make sense today because the weekly fee for showing land parcels in search is collected early Tuesday morning.  Go to your Dashboard - Account - Transaction History and find out which group or groups you are paying liabilities in and either contact the group owner and complain or leave the group.

--Cinn

Both of you,

1. Aurora obviously was not aware that groups can charge liabilities

2. It is a common occurrence

3. As I stated earlier, the group may not even be aware that they are doing this

so,

4. No bitching necessary and no meanness needed. Just let the group know what's happening if they know cool, choose to stay or leave, if they don't know, now they know and can choose to continue or desist.

Regardless, I believe the charges amounted to one linden at a time, right?

No need for senseless drama, many kind souls will gladly give you lindens to cover that if needed. 

For the record, I don't.

Orenthal Philbin wrote:

you're going to pitch a 'bitch fit'?  Why...it was your fault for joining a group with liabilities checked.  If you wanna bitch at someone, start with the image in your mirror

You cannot see what the roles are until you join a group, so there is no way to screen beyond asking.  Also liabilities are turned on by default and a lot of inexperienced people start a group and don't know to turn them off, and a lot of people get these small charges without noticing.  I would complain too, no reason the rank and file should share in the expenses for show in search.  Of course it comes back to bite the owners in the butt too if they sell group land with this set and get a surprise when they share the profits with their members. 

by default huh. thats funny cause i never turned any liabilities off in my group and it doesnt charge. but anyways they did know about it andare completely arrogant about it.. i find it retarded that out of like 40 groups im in they are they only one charging this fee

i think its sneaky and kind of a scam to be honest. either way you look at it if you dont tell people up front about it it is stealing.

That does suck that they are arrogant about it, I've never been charged and I have belonged to literally hundreds of groups, mostly hunts and shopping types. Anyways, I don't know why its not more obvious that these fees are charged and it is still true that a lot of smaller inexperienced groups aren't aware they do this, but obviously yours did and that blows that they weren't cool with you about it.

Unless the group is doing a classified or paying for advertising or maybe even paying for land as a group, you wouldnt see anything come out of your lindens from group liabilities. It is a common mistake that most are not aware of. Nothing to get mad about, just be nice about it, tell them and make sure to check your other groups (including the ones you created) to make sure there arent others like it or that you arent doing it to others.

DarkSoul Nosferatu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4671 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.