Help! I'm naked to everyone!

Renella Sharple

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4651 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You asked for help. I didn't see Character Test in your list of attempted fixes. I made the suggestion. Sorry it didn't work out for you.

People here in the Forums don't get paid for trying to help others. Getting snippy with them isn't going to win you many friends, or make people want to help you.

Have a good day.

It's understandable that you are frustrated Renella, but Griffin didn't just post advice that often works, he went to the trouble of including multiple screen-shots, all in the hope of benefiting you, and with no prospect of benefiting himself.

I think in the circumstances it would be to your credit to apologize.

If you have other viewers..maybe try uninstalling them all completelty ..Depending on your OS(Operating  System) the other folders that need removing may be in different directories for the cache ect..Do a systems search and remove all things related but your chat logs (if you want to keep them) after the uninstall..

Then when you have them completely off the system reinstall the viewer or viewers you use and see if that helps..

Sometimes the cache can overlap each other and cause problems like these..

Thats if you haven't done this already..

Well I'm thanking you Griffin, I did not know about the Character Test.  

Apparently when the OP said she tried everything and nothing worked, she really meant EVERYthing, the only exception of course being the unspecified thing that didn't work.  Everyone knows the thing that eventually works falls under the "other stuff" category and has nothing to do with everything.  :matte-motes-bored:

Griffin:

Your screenshot there should be on a prim in the walls of every infohub... :)

This question and the 'OMG I'm a cloud what do I do?' come up constantly in those places - and while not always the solution, your screenshot is the fix for roughly 9 out of 10 of them (and frankly its a lot more useful than the junk that's actually in those places). :D

Knowing which of those solutions worked for Renella may not really help that much as the same solution that worked for her may not work for someone else and another of the solutions may. I'm just glad that something worked.

I first learnt of the Character Test in late 2006 or perhaps early 2007 when I could not remove an undershirt (not a modesty under garment) that clear cache and relogging would not budge so I went to Help Island where a mentor replied to my open question and showed me that option. It solved my issue and I've used it on a few occasions since. It's best to go somewhere private and remove all clothing and attachments, especially no-copy ones, before selecting Character Test.

Good instructions here for both viewer 1 and viewer 2 as the menu location of Character Test is different.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/User:Tourmaline_Falken/Character_Test_and_Clear_Cache_Instructions

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4651 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.