I open debate about AI, the use of AI in Second Life and ethics in the use of AI in SL.

2 hours ago, Jackson Redstar said:

since there is not not alot of real intelligence in SL, artificial intelligence might be welcomed......:D

I bring seasoning for this forum. I am passionate about AI and I find myself learning on my own and researching things that could be useful to the Second Life community. Why was Second Life the first metaverse that I met and do I want this to be a great community? I think I made a mistake, but I learned and that is valuable. Freedom exists here and they avoid the interference of the outside world for the same reason, to protect freedom. I limit my entire preamble to the following: @Linden Lab Second Life how it allows NPCs with AI Why not allow pages like Citivai or Tensor AI where the creation of custom AI and Loras is allowed to be included in the Second Life platform? Or you create an exclusive page for Second Life in AI based on Stable diffusion or Flux.1 with the conditions and policies that you consider. This would revive Second Life as a pioneer Opensorce page in Generative AI. It's a @Linden Lab suggestion.

20 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

¿Es como la expresión que se usa cuando alguien está "salado"? ¿O en este caso "condimentar" significa "edad" o "madurez"?

The context of seasoning in Latin America is the same as adding controversy or opening debate. The debate of ideas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, GeorginaLux said:

The context of seasoning in Latin America is the same as adding controversy or opening debate. The debate of ideas.

Then, since you know it is controversial, do not be surprised if most responses are against AI in Second Life.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Entonces, como sabes que es controversial, no te sorprendas si la mayoría de las respuestas son en contra de la IA en Second Life.

People against AI are like people against the PBR... These are things that Linden Lab does not intend to discuss because progress currently calls for competition and the market. There are many residents who use generative AI. The debate of ideas is not controversial, it is the confrontation of ideas...

On 9/13/2024 at 5:37 PM, GeorginaLux said:

I open debate about AI, the use of AI in Second Life and ethics in the use of AI in SL. Discuss and fix your parameters as a community

If you're going to open a debate on this, invest yourself in it by making an opening argument FOR or AGAINST the use of AI in SL... and WHY you believe your position is valid.

Noone should even be replying to this until you do.

7 minutes ago, Cynite00 said:

Si vas a abrir un debate sobre esto, involúcrate en él presentando un argumento inicial A FAVOR o EN CONTRA del uso de IA en SL... y POR QUÉ crees que tu posición es válida.

Nadie debería siquiera responder a esto hasta que lo hagas.

I think I am more in favor than against it because it allows the acceleration and automation of ordinary and repetitive tasks that take away the possibility of doing more productive things such as dedicating time to learning, creativity and innovation, which are points that Generative AI cannot replace at the moment. There is a possibility that AI will replace us, however, human beings are beings that adapt and could find ways to survive and one of them would be virtual worlds and the metaverse. My position is valid because AI is being integrated into all areas of the market and whoever does not adopt it will literally go bankrupt. The organization of markets and the structures of companies are being restructured and social life is also being transformed.

53 minutes ago, GeorginaLux said:

People against AI are like people against the PBR... These are things that Linden Lab does not intend to discuss because progress currently calls for competition and the market. There are many residents who use generative AI. The debate of ideas is not controversial, it is the confrontation of ideas...

Careful, you will have the army of PBR "haters" come against you! 🙂

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Cynite00 said:

If you're going to open a debate on this, invest yourself in it by making an opening argument FOR or AGAINST the use of AI in SL... and WHY you believe your position is valid.

Noone should even be replying to this until you do.

You sound just like someone else who used to give us "pointers" on how we are supposed to respond.  This isn't debate club...just sayin'.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Cynite00 said:

Si vas a abrir un debate sobre esto, involúcrate en él presentando un argumento inicial A FAVOR o EN CONTRA del uso de IA en SL... y POR QUÉ crees que tu posición es válida.

Nadie debería siquiera responder a esto hasta que lo hagas.

I am a person who prepares alone because many of the courses offered on different social networks and platforms do not give me the most important thing, which is the ways in which it adapts and works in practical life. I did a marketing study and people in Europe and Asia oppose AI to the point of claiming that it steals data and other things. My assessment could be cruel, but it is realistic. How many human beings were not sacrificed and bodies were desecrated in the name of science to discover advances in diseases and I will not lie in saying that AI sacrificed many lives in the name of evolution. I speak and offer suggestions in the same attempt to address the future and call people to question and solve because complaining will not work and has not worked in human history in the face of advances. I research virtual worlds and the offer is impressive with the benefits that some offer in NFT or crypto assets or the implementation of electronic commerce. I won't name them, but I will invest in them because I want to survive the end of the world.

6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

¡Cuidado, el ejército de "enemigos" de PBR vendrá contra ti! 🙂

I have no interest in arguing, I will not argue with them. I will only ignore because it is valid and I only want to pay attention to what is important.

5 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Suenas como otra persona que solía darnos "consejos" sobre cómo se supone que debemos responder. Esto no es un club de debate... solo lo digo.

I only open the debate and do not indicate anything to anyone. I will not argue with you when I must focus my attention on my goal.

31 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

You sound just like someone else who used to give us "pointers" on how we are supposed to respond.  This isn't debate club...just sayin'.

Mm Hmm... yet.. as the op clearly started the topic, and how I responded to it...

"I open debate about AI, the use of AI in Second Life and ethics in the use of AI in SL."

Edited by Cynite00

10 hours ago, Cynite00 said:

Mm Hmm... yet.. as the op clearly started the topic, and how I responded to it...

"I open debate about AI, the use of AI in Second Life and ethics in the use of AI in SL."

Perhaps they were taking the roll of questioner?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

Crypto, NFTs and AI for all!

I think they also posted a thread about how LL needs a designer app..new users often post existing ideas, but their translator drives me a little nuts. It's like reading an article written by a cut-rate AI.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Creo que también publicaron un hilo sobre cómo LL necesita una aplicación de diseño. Los usuarios nuevos suelen publicar ideas existentes, pero su traductor me vuelve un poco loco. Es como leer un artículo escrito por una IA de bajo precio.

There is no design platform for Second Life like Zepeto or Roblox has.

The Second Life viewer would be like the design platform lacking all the forms that accompany a 3D design studio such as being intuitive and easy to use.

2 hours ago, GeorginaLux said:
6 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Creo que también publicaron un hilo sobre cómo LL necesita una aplicación de diseño. Los usuarios nuevos suelen publicar ideas existentes, pero su traductor me vuelve un poco loco. Es como leer un artículo escrito por una IA de bajo precio.

There is no design platform for Second Life like Zepeto or Roblox has.

I did not say there was.

I said: 

I think they also posted a thread about how LL needs a designer app.

By this I meant:

new users often post existing ideas

I meant only that the idea has been suggested many times; the IDEA exists. No judgement, just that it is not a new idea 🙂

41 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

No dije que la hubiera.

Yo dije: 

Con esto quise decir:

Solo quise decir que la idea ya se ha sugerido muchas veces; la IDEA existe. No juzgo, solo que no es una idea nueva 🙂

well they are 
Proposals that have been made and LL does nothing... I understand. I believe the Marketplace was born as an idea from a third party and Linden Lab ended up acquiring the Marketplace as its own. It was never conceived by LL from the beginning.

2 hours ago, GeorginaLux said:

well they are 
Proposals that have been made and LL does nothing... I understand. I believe the Marketplace was born as an idea from a third party and Linden Lab ended up acquiring the Marketplace as its own. It was never conceived by LL from the beginning.

"Proposals" have no effect. You could consider submitting a "Feature Request", which you can ask people to "vote on". 🙂

LL does not read the entire Forum.

LL does not necessarily take any "proposals" seriously from the Forum (but may on occasion depending on the discussion and topic).

• Like 1