Offering TP to Restricted parcel?

TenMell0w

Question

Hey all, 

Not sure if something like this exists, or is this is the right forum section for it, but I had a question...

Is it possible to Offer a TP to someone and have them successfully enter my land, with my 'invitation' even if I have my parcel set to Restricted? Basically, looking for something to over-rule the land settings based on 'invite only' access, implying that if they were to try to come to my parcel themselves, with no invite, they would not have access. 

Thanks. 

TM.

6 answers to this question

I don't believe there is a workaround, other than first inviting the person to join the group your land is set to, and being sure that group members are allowed access.   In order to prevent them from coming at other times on their own, though, you'd have to kick them out of the group again.

If you want to suggest a new feature, submit a Canny report.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Shouldn't llAddToLandPassList do this? It only lasts 144 hours maximum per call, but an orb could just re-up the interval for those that are supposed to remain whitelisted.

(Caveat: I've never actually tried it myself, nor anything else restricting access other than an occasional griefer-specific blacklist ban, so I've always only assumed this is how it works.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

I don't believe there is a workaround, other than first inviting the person to join the group your land is set to, and being sure that group members are allowed access.   In order to prevent them from coming at other times on their own, though, you'd have to kick them out of the group again.

If you want to suggest a new feature, submit a Canny report.

This is what i'm doing already! Looking for something a little more elegant though. I'll look into Canny! Thanks.

11 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

There are also security devices that will do this.  Access allowed for a certain time limit unless on the whitelist.

Mind pointing me in the direction of a security orb that does this?? I'll happily try it out and take a look! Thank you.