You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 93 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So one of my friends came online that hasn't been online in awhile and they asked me why this shows up - 2024-06-26 17:05:21   Give Inventory        L$0    L$-111

This person lives in the same state I do and I also noticed myself if I spend all my lindens I will be in a L$ - balance as well

So I made this post myself cause I'm kind of curious on what is going on?

I am a Basic Free Account and so is this other person so I'm confused.

Edited by PatricaC

Yep - check the above. It's something I very much dislike about groups, and comes from the days when groups were just about land management rather than used as store groups etc. as they are now. If the group has group liability fees enabled for members, then you can get charged for things like paying the group's listing fees, and won't even know unless you keep an eye on your L$ balance.

There's one store group my wife is in that actually pays her a L$ or two per month from the group liability... not sure why.

4 minutes ago, Rick Nightingale said:

There's one store group my wife is in that actually pays her a L$ or two per month from the group liability... not sure why.

Most likely a vendor they have (either inadvertently or intentionally) deeded to the group.  From the SL wiki page on Groups

Group dividends are sent to eligible members approximately every 24-48 hours.

Beware: objects which are deeded to group will pay the whole group, not the original owner, if they receive money.

If the group is given L$, but the total L$ received is less than the number of people who will receive a share of the dividends, the L$ deposited will be held in escrow until it can be evenly divided among eligible group members. For example, if there are five group members who are entitled to receive a share of a group's L$ deposits, but only L$4 is received, it will be held until one more L$ is received (so each eligible member receives L$1).

• Thanks 1

Ugh I had an alt who was in my personal group and I completely forgot to turn off liability for "members" and she incurred almost 2KL neg balance when I logged in to her years after I made her lol.

PS. That should be turned off for everyone except owner and maybe a toggle for officers by default!

Edited by SylviElle Zaftig
Added PS
  • Haha 1

I don't know if this causes a negative balance but if you are selling anything on the marketplace and have the option to advertise that item turned on it will also quietly drain your balance. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 93 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.