Question about reviews

iluvparcels

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 107 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, was hoping someone might have some experience or insight regarding MP reviews they could share. My question is, if you buy something from an inworld store is there any way to leave a review on it's MP listing? I usually don't buy from the inworld stores for pretty much this reason, that and it's harder to keep an accurate record of all my purchases. I recently bought an item that was clearly false advertised, and it wasn't exactly cheap. I bought it inworld to save a few L's and once I discovered how I had been mislead I contacted the creator for some help. After having to convince them their listing was wrong by sending various screenshots, I asked for a refund to which they stopped replying. They also deleted the misleading segments from the MP listing (I still have the screenshots/evidence) so I know they are active in some parts of their business, just not the customer service side.

I understand when it comes to spending Ls in SL it's pretty much the wild wild west and literally almost anything goes. I have given up hope the owner will do the right, or decent thing for another human being they ripped off and know I will not get a refund. But at the very least I would like to leave an accurate review of my experience with this product and it's customer service (or lack of). As far as I know I cant do that and it's not like I would pay again just to leave a review. 

Was hoping someone has run into a similar issue and what they recommend? I'm not fuming on it or anything but still feel cheated I can't even leave a review. I suspect that's another reason I'm being ***** on, since I cant even do that. Any insight is very much appreciated, TY! 

• Sad 1

That's a good idea! But no, no demos. It's one of those items you need to demo in the store. I have a previous version from a few years back I was thinking I could review. Seemed a little petty but if it's my only course of action, why not maybe I'll feel better about it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, iluvparcels said:

That's a good idea! But no, no demos. It's one of those items you need to demo in the store. I have a previous version from a few years back I was thinking I could review. Seemed a little petty but if it's my only course of action, why not maybe I'll feel better about it.

I'm not sure, but it's possible that leaving your review on an older version might contravene LL's terms of service and the seller could successfully flag your review.  It's pretty infuriating I agree, but personally I would write it off as a lesson learned and privately advise my friends against using that merchant unless there are full demos available.  I am sorry this has happened to you.

• Like 1

I think the best you can do is report them for fraud (gear icon lower right corner of their profile), but it sounds like this was not fraud per se but misrepresentation. Not knowing what that misrepresentation is, I can't comment on how much of a jerk they are for not refunding you. The spectrum spans you having unrealistic expectations about what you were going to get all the way to them grossly misrepresenting what you were going to get.

I have gotten into a few tussles with vendors over bad reviews I've left on the MP. Many of them seem to freak out and take it personally, attacking my character for doing such a thing, even when my critiques are objective and valid (which I carefully make sure they are). On the other hand, I've had vendors thank me, correct the issue, send me a revised product, and ask for a new review, which I'm happy to do.

And yes, if I can get something on the MP at the same price as in world, I will. Not only does it give me an easily searched record of my purchases, but the feature that alerts you to the fact you already bought something has saved this air head thousands of lindens lol.

Edited by Thecla
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Thecla said:

but the feature that alerts you to the fact you already bought something has saved this air head thousands of lindens lol.

Most vending systems in-world will auto-refund you (or the person sending you something as a gift) if you already bought it too. Not telling you how/where to buy things, it's always a personal choice, but this reason at least is all the same everywhere.

And I personally buy things in-world with extremely rare exceptions. If the price is the same, then I'd rather have creator take 10% than just throw it to the LL's L$ sink.

Sorry for the late reply. I actually received a refund a few days later. They reached out and apologized for their absence. I feel kind of silly jumping the gun like that. I was probably just nervous and freaking out about throwing away such a large amount of Ls on essentially nothing. That and I wasn't getting any communication for days. I'm glad I didn't bad mouth them here or make any real specifics about who they are lol. But I appreciate all the replies and it's great information to consider for the future. ty again everyone for proving why we have such a great community!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 107 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.