Can't see favorite landmarks on login screen

arualblues

Question

This has been happening for years now on my PCs, I tried absolutely everything that everyone recommended, twice over the past few years since this is happening. This has happened through different updates, before and after clean installs, and before and after getting a new PC a couple of years ago. I assumed it would never come back for whatever reason. And then, the weird happened: the favorite landmarks dropdown list is perfectly there on my laptop.

It's the same Firestorm version, same account, same landmarks (of course), same exact settings, same everything, except that one is a desktop and the other one a laptop.

Help? Please? This is driving me bonnnnnkers.

4 answers to this question

Until someone else comes along for Firestorm to answer you, my understanding is that there can be a noticeable design difference between some "skins".   So while waiting for the experts to answer you, you might try changing skins to see if the favorites bar shows up for you in a different skin.  So opening up FS, I will share that I use the StarLight + Mono Teal skin, and my favorites bar shows .  I am on the Firestorm beta right now, but I suspect you will see much the same on the full release as I do in terms of skin options. 

And double check that in Prefs > User Interface > Top Bars tab that you have the "Show Favorites Bar" selected.  This location might or might not be in the same location on the full release as the beta I am on.  

Wishing you fun!

This has happened to me a handful of times also.  What I do notice when I log in after the favorite LMs aren't showing is that that folder and others are empty in my inventory.  No idea what causes it but I usually clear inventory cache and relog then all my folders are back.to normal.

Thank you both, now here's the thing. As I said, this has been happening for years now, after years of daily relogs, Firestorm updates, clean updates, Firestorm instructions followed to a t (basically did everything listed here: https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_landmark_issues), etc. My folders are fine, it just doesn't show on the login screen. I never changed the skins at all, same skin in both my PC and my laptop, and yet, the laptop has the list normally, while the PC hasn't had it for years.

• Like 1

You might want to ask this in the Firestorm support group in-world.  You might get a quicker answer as I'm not sure how present the Firestorm team is on these forums.