Anyone in world want to help me go shopping now?

flufferlover

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 61 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi! I'm looking to do a bit of shopping towards a brand new avi, from scratch.  Any experienced people able to help me? I don't really know where to start and have a bit of L to splurge on something that will last for the long time with 4-5 outfits too. 

What type of body are you using? 

Weekend sales are sometimes a good way to find new clothes, skin and hair.

If you're making a whole new avatar, though, you'll probably want to start with a mesh body & head. Is your avatar male, female, furry or other? Do you have a budget for how much you want to spend? And do you want a slender, curvy, athletic, hourglass or pear-shaped body (if female).

My avatar is female, I want a pretty, shy, girl-next-door look.  My budget is flexible.  I'm not a person that does this often, I enjoy other parts of SL, so I'd like to start from scratch, go back to default and buy a whole new look in the next hour or two with a few nice outfits I can change from time to time.  I want a slimish but not skinny look with a little curve. Are you inworld and able to help by any chance? :))

• Like 1

Grab the Maitreya mesh body,.the Avalon mesh head from Lelutka, the 50L skin from.Glam Affair, the weekend sale ponytail at Mina.plus any clothing that catches your eye from.the other weekend sales.and you're good.to go.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/18/2018 at 1:26 PM, flufferlover said:

Well, I guess I'm interested in a relatively innocent look, tanned skin, maybe red hair, medium/normal build.  No midriff on display or anything like that! 

I'm open minded really.  I just need a fresh start.  Re budget: I can splurge a little, I'm hoping to have an easy and fun experience of getting a new look that takes an hour or two and then sets me up for a few months without any more work to do apart from changing outfits/accessories.  3-4 outfits would be good: jeans and a top, formalwear, something business like and then something to go out in.  

^ Is this still the look you want? 

If you got a Maitreya Lara body before and still want a medium build, then I suggest staying with that body, but updating it with the HUD to the current version(s). The Maitreya Lara v5.3 will fit the most clothing, including what you already have. The LaraX v1.1 would need new clothes, and doesn't yet have much on the market to choose from. Both bodies are included for free in your update, and you won't have to spend time looking for a new body.

The easiest way to update your look is with a new head and skin. Lelutka EvoX heads are the most popular and have many looks to choose from. Akeruka EvoX compatible heads are another good option if you like them, but I think the Lelutka heads are easier to use and it's easier to find applier makeup for them.

The new Lara 5.3 and LaraX come with Velour BOM body skins, so you would only need to buy a head skin in a matching tone. Many skin creators make head skins in Velour tones, so you're not limited to just one skin designer, and you might find a skin you like on sale.

I'm not available as an inworld shopper, but someone else might be willing to help you with that.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, flufferlover said:

I am looking for personal shoppers but the construct doesn't seem to be very popular, as far as I can tell?

Kind of did just do.the shopping for you.  Maitreya,.Lelutka, Glam Affair, Mina.  They're all easily found in search.  

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, flufferlover said:

I am looking for personal shoppers but the construct doesn't seem to be very popular, as far as I can tell?

Personal shoppers/stylists do exist, but they tend to charge a fee as the process can take several hours.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Kind of did just do.the shopping for you.  Maitreya,.Lelutka, Glam Affair, Mina.  They're all easily found in search.  

Thank you so much for the tips! I'm looking at these now.  I'm not finding the search completely helpful to be honest!  But I'm trying. I do enjoy doing this alongside someone experienced, inworld, which is why I was asking. I get help, advice, a second view and it's more fun!  But I'm giving it a try with your tips.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

^ Is this still the look you want? 

If you got a Maitreya Lara body before and still want a medium build, then I suggest staying with that body, but updating it with the HUD to the current version(s). The Maitreya Lara v5.3 will fit the most clothing, including what you already have. The LaraX v1.1 would need new clothes, and doesn't yet have much on the market to choose from. Both bodies are included for free in your update, and you won't have to spend time looking for a new body.

The easiest way to update your look is with a new head and skin. Lelutka EvoX heads are the most popular and have many looks to choose from. Akeruka EvoX compatible heads are another good option if you like them, but I think the Lelutka heads are easier to use and it's easier to find applier makeup for them.

The new Lara 5.3 and LaraX come with Velour BOM body skins, so you would only need to buy a head skin in a matching tone. Many skin creators make head skins in Velour tones, so you're not limited to just one skin designer, and you might find a skin you like on sale.

I'm not available as an inworld shopper, but someone else might be willing to help you with that.

Wow it appears I did exactly the same thing six years ago! Hah. I had forgotten but that shows how often I get a new look! Thank you very much for all your tips. Really useful! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Personal shoppers/stylists do exist, but they tend to charge a fee as the process can take several hours.

I'm open to that if anyone knows anyone and am inworld now. 

• Like 1

Just now, flufferlover said:

I'm open to that if anyone knows anyone and am inworld now. 

I don't know anyone who does that, personally. You could try the inworld employment section here, but I'm not sure how long it'll take to find someone going that route.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I don't know anyone who does that, personally. You could try the inworld employment section here, but I'm not sure how long it'll take to find someone going that route.

Thanks very much! I'll give it a try if I get stuck, looks like that might take a little while, as you say. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, flufferlover said:

Thanks very much! I'll give it a try if I get stuck, looks like that might take a little while, as you say. 

I'd also recommend taking a look at every head that looks interesting to you (Lelutka, Catwa, Akeruka, and a few other head creators have galleries on Flickr), as they're all capable of achieving different looks. It helps if you've got a photo or set style in mind that you want to work from so your shopper/stylist can make good recommendations without you having to try on everything in every store. Give me a sec and I'll post the galleries for you to peek at.

• Like 1

Lelutka's Flickr

Akeruka's Flickr

Catwa's Flickr

Genus' Flickr

LOGO's Flickr

Those are the big players in the human range. Evo X is the easiest UV map to shop for (as opposed to the basic SLUV map or Genus' new 4k map), but there are nice heads in all lines. Take your time going through those and demo anything that looks nice to you. You can find all of these stores in-world via Search or sometimes there will be a link to it on Flickr if you click through to the photo descriptions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have the same problem. Where to get cloth? It is like some people know where are shops. Is there a directory somewhere of shops?  

Sometimes I receive notification of things I don't understand : Probably shops who are looking for customer

And sometimes as a customer I don't find shops. 

5 hours ago, Gabriel Isodo said:

I have the same problem. Where to get cloth? It is like some people know where are shops. Is there a directory somewhere of shops?  

Sometimes I receive notification of things I don't understand : Probably shops who are looking for customer

And sometimes as a customer I don't find shops. 

https://www.seraphimsl.com/category/recurring-events/just-for-men/

• Thanks 2

On 4/20/2024 at 4:20 PM, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Lelutka's Flickr

Akeruka's Flickr

Catwa's Flickr

Genus' Flickr

LOGO's Flickr

Those are the big players in the human range. Evo X is the easiest UV map to shop for (as opposed to the basic SLUV map or Genus' new 4k map), but there are nice heads in all lines. Take your time going through those and demo anything that looks nice to you. You can find all of these stores in-world via Search or sometimes there will be a link to it on Flickr if you click through to the photo descriptions.

Thanks for that; the Lelutka Flickr shows sales as they happen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Thanks for that; the Lelutka Flickr shows sales as they happen.

Very welcome! And yeah sales do happen at Lel, but I've never actually paid much attention to when. Black Friday is the only one I remember. 😆

Also keep an eye on Akeruka. They have 50% off sales on EvoX heads here and there.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 61 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.