Group Problem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 181 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is anyone having issues with groups today? I created a group today and I'm still in the group but I'm not an owner anymore. Just a member and an officer.. Seeing as you can't remove an owner it's strange.

4 hours ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Is anyone having issues with groups today? 

1 hour ago, belindacarson said:

Contact Support

Your posts are so not helpful. I wonder why you bother posting in the first place.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I think you can revoke owner role on yourself (even as the group creator) if at least one other member has the owner role. That's not helpful if you didn't make anyone else owner as well though. If you did, perhaps you revoked yourself by accident. Not that I'm saying SL can't mess things up without any help from us 😆

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Rick Nightingale said:

I think you can revoke owner role on yourself (even as the group creator) if at least one other member has the owner role. That's not helpful if you didn't make anyone else owner as well though. If you did, perhaps you revoked yourself by accident. Not that I'm saying SL can't mess things up without any help from us 😆

I think I did do that. Is there anyway to get it back. Can the other owner make me an owner again? Also, thanks for your helpful response.

Edited by Kathlen Onyx
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Your posts are so not helpful. I wonder why you bother posting in the first place.

I gave you the answer on how to fix your issue.  Contact support.

Us normal residents don't have "god powers" to fix your problem.

You need to learn to say "thank you".

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, belindacarson said:

Actually @Rick Nightingale did solve my problem.  Very quicky I might add. Try not being so rude.

5 hours ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

You didn't ask for a solution and yet 2 people gave you one. Neither of them answered the question in your post and yet your response to the first one was very unkind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Phil Deakins said:

You didn't ask for a solution and yet 2 people gave you one. Neither of them answered the question in your post and yet your response to the first one was very unkind.

Actually they did answer my question. I revoked my ownership in the group and @Rick Nightingalegave me that solution. If I didn't want a solution why in the world would I post on the forum?   "Contact support" is not a helpful response and IS rude for a resident group set up for discussion on Second Life.  I'm pretty sure I could have figured out that contacting support was an option before posting on here.  Unkind? Hardly.

• Like 3

You didn't ask for a solution. Rick gave you one possibility which turned out to work. Belinda gave another possibility, which would also turn out to work, and, surprisingly, she gave you the identical solution that you just gave someone else in another thread. Your response to Belinda was unkind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, belindacarson said:

"Thank you" for the laugh. ;) 

You should have posted this though:

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 181 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.