Has anyone else had a huge drop in marketplace sales recently?

MeshPromo

My marketplace sales reduced around 90% since March 21st, it was fixed on 23rd but again the sales dropped dramatically.

I wonder if it's due to the "Marketplace and LindeX Issues" already known by Lindens. https://status.secondlifegrid.net/incidents/hfzrggrxtcx8

Has anyone else had the same problem?

Edited by MeshPromo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MeshPromo said:

My marketplace sales reduced around 90% since March 21st, it was fixed on 23rd but again the sales dropped dramatically.

I wonder if it's due to the "Marketplace and LindeX Issues" already known by Lindens. https://status.secondlifegrid.net/

I run 3 different Marketplace stores and 2 of them have the same pattern you described.

No clue what's going on, but if something is wrong with the Marketplace, I hope it gets fixed.

Edited by Clem Marques
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Clem Marques said:

Update: Things seem to be back to normal now.

I feel things are recovering now, but still not as they used to be.

• Like 3

On 3/25/2024 at 12:01 AM, MeshPromo said:

I wonder if it's due to the "Marketplace and LindeX Issues" already known by Lindens. https://status.secondlifegrid.net/incidents/hfzrggrxtcx8

It do seem like the marketplace sales are down alot but I dont know what it could be. Even mines went down alot and even today its kinda strange. Hopefully it goes back to normal or maybe its another glitch

• Like 2

Over the past few months, I've noticed a stark decline in my marketplace sales, to the tune of around 70%. As a reseller, I've always prided myself on maintaining consistent sales figures, but this recent drop has really thrown me for a loop.

What's particularly troubling is that this decline coincides with the implementation of the new search system on the marketplace platform. It seems that since this update, my products aren't being as prominently featured or discovered by potential buyers. While I understand that algorithms change and updates are made to improve user experience, this unforeseen consequence has significantly impacted my business....sigh.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Still, my sales are only less than halfway compared to before. How about others?

It seems the store items aren't showing up at all, and the few sales might only happen from referrals.

Edited by MeshPromo
  • Like 1

The last week or so, I've been selling higher end, newer products. Actually a lot of PBR stuff. My old stuff wasn't selling well when it usually was. Considering all the SLMP and billing maintenance my sales have been pretty good. The week before though, they were heavily in world sales. SLMP constantly goes between prioritizing cheaper products then more expensive ones. If you don't have both in your store you are going to see large slumps and big booms. That said if search is promoting older products and that changes and your sales go down, you might need to adjust your strategy. Just my two cents, not trying to be rude.

• Like 1

My marketplace sales have been going on mostly as usual. All the items are showing in the store as they should. It's busy season inworld, so I've not been tracking search much, but I do see some signs that it has shifted a bit. Some of my listings with longer titles have gone back up in search (compared to the listings where I rewrote them to have shorter titles). Short titles still win the day, but the difference doesn't seem as extreme.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, MeshPromo said:

Still, my sales are only less than halfway compared to before. How about others?

It seems the store items aren't showing up at all, and the few sales might only happen from referrals.

My sales briefly improved for a day or two, so I thought things were normal. But then it dropped again to an amount that is below the daily average that I had for several months. All 3 stores, same pattern now. That being said, there was an improvement on Easter. 🤷‍♂️

No clue what's going on, but things seem to be changing. Less sales on average, at the moment, it seems.

I currently have no inworld stores, so I can't compare that to the Marketplace sales.

Edited by Clem Marques
  • Like 1

Sales correlates with how much maintenance is going on. Even if it doesn't directly affect SLMP, billing maintenance can affect people's ability to buy L$ to spend. General inventory issues and stuff can make people just log and not bother with SL. If you are going to spend thousands of L$ on stuff, you don't want to be fighting SL or thinking something is going to go wrong. I think this is a lot more common than people realize. It seems the last few times I've created new listings, I've had lots of problems with image uploads giving me a 404 error, listing not saving when pressing save, etc. That kind of stuff just makes people log out and do other things. I think it affects people far more than they realize. SL is supposed to be fun. There's nothing fun about rezzing stuff and having it take 10 seconds to rez, so you re-rez and end up with 3 copies. Things not attaching then suddenly attaching 5 minutes later. Making an order on SLMP and not having it be delivered for 5 minutes.

This whole week is filled with inventory maintenance and restarts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2