email address i used for my alt is not longer active. how to i change the address

Shannon Celestalis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

Try clearing your browsing history. If using IE it's under Tools Menu > Internet Options and click the Delete button under Browsing History. On the window that opens tick every box and then click the Delete button. Wait untill the deletion bar closes then exit out and retry changing the email address. If it still fails, you'll have to contact support unless you want to try another browser. I found Firefox very intrusive when trying it then going back to IE as it messed up settings but Opera was ok.

If the account was set up in your sister's name and with her info, you might want to just let the avatar "die". Taking over someone else's account and avatar are agains the Terms of Service (section 3). I know of one case about a year and a half ago where accounts were frozen when LL found out someone was using another person's avatar. Eventually the accounts were reinstated but it was a long process with lots of real life letters and calls.

Just a thought :D

You don`t say what happened when you tried to change the email address in the usual way, what was the error message that you got?

The 2 most common ones are, that you are trying to change it to an email address that already has too many accounts on it, if thats the case, set up a new email addy for it on gmail or hotmail or whereever. The other possibility is that it wouldn`t accept the password for some reason. If you have a really long password, just enter the first 15 characters.

If you do not have the password & the email address is invalid, you will need to go to https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/ and without logging in, submit a ticker for SL web login issues, using your current email address & quoting the old email address in the ticket to prove that its yours.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.