Hidden prim?

I have a resort I purchased that has what appears to be a hidden prim on one small area. I walk then rise over it then down again. I set highlight transparency but it wont show. Ive done everything to find the prim. Is it something else?

Thank you

2 hours ago, derek244 said:

I have a resort I purchased that has what appears to be a hidden prim on one small area. I walk then rise over it then down again. I set highlight transparency but it wont show. Ive done everything to find the prim. Is it something else?

It can be a "ghost prim" an object that was deleted but for some reason are still in the physics engine. Or it can be some dodgy ground physics. In either case restarting the region should fix the problem. The regular weekly restart may not fix it though but if you ask LL to do a more thorough reboot, the problem should go away.

Edit: It can also be a nearby with dodgy physics. Sometimes a sculpt or a mesh can have a bounding box and physics shape that extends well outside the visual shape.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 1

If you use Firestorm, someone in the support group might be able to help.

There are a couple of weird ways that ghost prims might be created. One is by torturing and slicing a prim until it suddenly seems to disappear. I did that once. It wouldn't show up as invisible, but did show as an object in Area Search. I couldn't grab it to delete it. Someone from the Firestorm group came over to help me find it & eventually I was able to return it to myself from the Objects on Parcel window (or something like that).

I've also had exactly the same problem you describe on my land and never could get rid of it. Maybe you can put an object like a vase or shrub there?

Edited by Persephone Emerald

2 minutes ago, derek244 said:

I thought of the physics of something under me. Where would I look for that in an object to change?

If it is bad physics (and it could be) then you are pretty much stuck unless the creator wants to fix it . You could turn the build to phantom but likely that will not be good.  I had some things like that long and they were not mine (rental) and just had to deal. 

You can see the physics shape by using this path (physics at the bottom).

image.png.74d5a9e8201a6d510f379744cfd96c69.png

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I will look at Render Metadata. Im hesitant on changing anything developer just because if it cant be changed back I have to deal with a number of problems with everything related.

Thank you!

Edited by derek244

13 hours ago, derek244 said:

I will look at Render Metadata. Im hesitant on changing anything developer just because if it cant be changed back I have to deal with a number of problems with everything related.

Thank you!

All you need to do to put it back to your usual look  is take the check mark away by clicking again.  If the issue is faulty physics though there is really no way that I know of for you to "fix" it.  Sadly.  If you have a friend that is more comfortable fiddling around in "Developer" you could have them look for you.