Opening up a new Sim

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 62 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Might want to describe what exactly you're hoping to achieve with your land.  Will it be an RP region, a shopping region, mixed usage, residential?   Do you need help landscaping, terraforming, decorating?

2 hours ago, Vilecae said:

Well RP in the Medeival/Gor way.  The main building is a very large Keep.  I need help in getting a group started, listed, photos that sort of thing.

The first thing I would check is if there is still interest in this type of RP. I haven't heard a lot about it lately but I'm not in the scene either. Would hate for you to go through all the work and there be no one interested in joining.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

The first thing I would check is if there is still interest in this type of RP. I haven't heard a lot about it lately but I'm not in the scene either. Would hate for you to go through all the work and there be no one interested in joining.

Going to have to agree with this.  I do a lot of roaming around including "RP" regions.  Aside from a couple family/residential regions, the rest are empty.  The sci-fi and urban ones do seem to have more.than other but as a whole, most RP places struggle to find people interested in RP.

@Vilecaetake a look at postings in this section to see what people are doing in respect to RP.  Visit some of them or at least the ones still open...

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/forum/371-roleplay-regions-groups/

The good news is that we can make almost anything in SL now and have it look really good and work.  

The bad news is that there are way more RP sims than there are roleplayers. Even eight years ago this was becoming a problem. I lived in a RP sim then and owners of other RP sims were going around trying to steal away folks  ^^.  So before you invent your lindens I suggest doing a LOT of homework.  

There are plenty of things we have enough or too much of in SL. "If you build it -- they will likely not come". Sad but true.  

• Like 2

Yes. There are still many Gor sims. They're not used much. You can roam through empty castles, empty markets, etc.

Caledon has a huge castle, used for nothing.

I've been trying to drum up more interest in New Babbage. We now have Port Babbage looking busy, but it's all NPCs on autopilot.

There are three regions of Japanese city for combat, starting at SSOC. Nobody uses them.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 62 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.