Avatar height from the ground based on heels I'm wearing

AsunaXita

Hi, sometimes it happens that I wear high heels and part of the shoe goes trough the ground...is there an add on that automatically change avatar high based on heel I'm wearing or anything similar? 

A lot of shoes sold come with a small adjustment (that looks like a little pair of shoes in Firestorm) that you can add to the outfit you're wearing and voila, hover height adjusted.

Using FS though, I just have my Quick Prefs panel handy and adjust hover height as needed from there because it's not just shoes, for example, it's every single dance on a single dance ball AO having slightly different heights and I hate floating off the floor one dance, then being two inches through the floor on the next one.

(As an aside, this is also the basis of why I'm weirded out by male avatars taller than 6'4" in SL and am a realistic height fan.)

• Like 3

On 3/2/2024 at 2:26 PM, Katherine Heartsong said:

A lot of shoes sold come with a small adjustment (that looks like a little pair of shoes in Firestorm) that you can add to the outfit you're wearing and voila, hover height adjusted.

Using FS though, I just have my Quick Prefs panel handy and adjust hover height as needed from there because it's not just shoes, for example, it's every single dance on a single dance ball AO having slightly different heights and I hate floating off the floor one dance, then being two inches through the floor on the next one.

(As an aside, this is also the basis of why I'm weirded out by male avatars taller than 6'4" in SL and am a realistic height fan.)

Yeah same, have the hover height window open at all times and tucked away in the lower right corner since I need to adjust it so much.

Kinda crazy this issue hasn't been fixed yet...

• Like 1

Also depends on the floor you're standing on as well.  I'll be fine at home but when I'm at certain clubs, my feet are in the floor slightly.  Just one of those odd things about SL.

• 1 month later...

I found something on the MarketPlace that works if you have RLV

Make a copy, edit description to hover height you want (may want to change the name too), then save it to your outfit! 

It cost zero lindens and is copy/mod.

Make sure to backup copy the original, because after editing description it works by "attaching", changing hover, then "detaching"  and the only way to get it back is to rez it inworld and change the description.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Cute-Stuff-Outfit-Hover-Height-Adjuster/17523433

It won't work without RLV though.

• Like 1