Can I divide my land and restrict hearing from one side?

Ninfect

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I rented a land, I have the necessary permissions to make modifications,

I would like to leave half of my land so that you can hear the voice, and the other half disabled to hear on the other side.

that is, that one side cannot hear the other.

it is possible? how do I do? 

Please help, I looked for this information and couldn't find it :'c

If you are reading, have a good day 💌

14 minutes ago, Ninfect said:

Hello, I rented a land, I have the necessary permissions to make modifications,

I would like to leave half of my land so that you can hear the voice, and the other half disabled to hear on the other side.

that is, that one side cannot hear the other.

it is possible? how do I do? 

Please help, I looked for this information and couldn't find it :'c

If you are reading, have a good day 💌

Yes, you can...

Subdividing Land

To create two parcels from one parcel:

Stand on your parcel. From your View Menu turn on Property Lines. After a brief pause you should see your land boundary shown in red.

Right-click the ground and choose Edit Land or hit ctrl-5. The ground will change color, you are now in edit mode.

Your mouse can now be used to left-drag a yellow bounding box around part of your land to select it. Do this to select the portion of land you wish to chop into its own parcel (see the image below).

With the area selected, you can now click Subdivide... from the Edit Pane. If you can't see this option but can see a More button, click that first and you should see the Subdivide option appear.

It will prompt you to confirm the split. Once you have agreed - your land will be divided into two separate parcels.

Both parcels can have their own names, land options etc and will accrue traffic independently of each other.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Yes, you can...

Subdividing Land

To create two parcels from one parcel:

Stand on your parcel. From your View Menu turn on Property Lines. After a brief pause you should see your land boundary shown in red.

Right-click the ground and choose Edit Land or hit ctrl-5. The ground will change color, you are now in edit mode.

Your mouse can now be used to left-drag a yellow bounding box around part of your land to select it. Do this to select the portion of land you wish to chop into its own parcel (see the image below).

With the area selected, you can now click Subdivide... from the Edit Pane. If you can't see this option but can see a More button, click that first and you should see the Subdivide option appear.

It will prompt you to confirm the split. Once you have agreed - your land will be divided into two separate parcels.

Both parcels can have their own names, land options etc and will accrue traffic independently of each other.

thank you very much! I'll try :3
Before that, do you know if I follow these steps, when I do the subdivision, will my objects come back to me? the land is owned by the group, and is already completely decorated... I'm afraid of doing that and having to redecorate everything again T_T

As @Rowan Amore explained, you can certainly subdivide land (assuming the necessary permissions as you say), and you can assign each to have voice or not, but I'm not sure it's possible to have voice from one parcel go into the other but not vice versa. But I'm no expert on voice. I'm basing this on the way "parcel privacy" is necessarily reciprocal, and that may have nothing to do with how voice works.

But even if you can't do it with voice, there may be a workaround, depending on the objective. Maybe the sound sending parcel could just use a parcel audio stream that both parcels are set to hear, with voice handled separately on each parcel. Or that may not be what you had in mind.

(Your objects wont come back to you because of subdividing land, as along as ownership remains the same and nobody turns on Auto Return, which should turn off automatically when the land is divided but I always do it manually first anyway, just to be paranoid.)

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

i don't know if it works, but the about land gives the option

image.png.df367df210744035458837dd46d8606e.png

Right, I think that works, and re-reading the OP it may be exactly what's wanted. Somehow instead I understood that the goal was asymmetrical, that one of the parcels, call it "Parcel A", should be able to hear voice from the other, "Parcel B", but that B wouldn't hear voice originating in A.

On 2/19/2024 at 12:26 PM, Qie Niangao said:

Right, I think that works, and re-reading the OP it may be exactly what's wanted. Somehow instead I understood that the goal was asymmetrical, that one of the parcels, call it "Parcel A", should be able to hear voice from the other, "Parcel B", but that B wouldn't hear voice originating in A.

The toggle is all or nothing. Restricting voice restricts inbound and outbound.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.