UK and European SL members...please say hi and don't be shy!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 83 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been a member of SL since 2009. Actually, I originally joined in another avatar incarnation in the 1st year of SL existence in 2003. SL avatars are mostly from the US which means that the great clubs and fab events naturally take place during the US time zones. I know this as from time to time I log in in what is the middle of my night time in the UK. I'm always thrilled to see so much activity and friendly avatars.

I have met some wonderful avatars from the UK and  European countries as well. 

It would be wonderful if any UK and Western Europe SL members in this forum could please say hi and perhaps introduce themselves if they want to.

To get started my name is Hecate which is an important ancient Greek goddess of the Moon and all things to do with Magic. She's an important deity of the Moon and all things female and mysterious. I'm often asked how to Hecate. I pronounce it phonetically which is Hei...cat..ay. Three syllables.

What about you my dear UK and  European SL members...please say hi and don't be shy. I love you all.

Love and peace

Hecate

• Like 5

why you make new posts 3 time this week? 
You can get your post at top again when adding some new things by editing.( just buping isn't allowed)

Keep in mind that a huge majority of the SL users never comes to the forums, and also many of who do, read only specific sections.
I think you'll get more possibilities for meeting people, when visiting popular places at your evening/nightlife time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hey, I never usually come on the forums but I'm trying to make it more of a point to be more available on SL communities as I haven't made any new friends since returning toward the end of last year and so far shopping simulator has been fairly lonely experience haha.

I know a little about Hecate, the Greek Goddess, I've always been a bit of a fan of mythology though my knowledge is more with Celtic and Norse mythology, I do know a little about Greek Mythology. To nerd out a little bit, mythology and religious studies and how religion impacted and shaped/was shaped by culture over the years is a subject that's always fascinated me. I think the older I get the more I find it interesting too. Maybe there's a philosophical reason in that somewhere but haha.

I don't have any interesting stories behind my name in SL. I like the name Bellatrix, Bella is short for Bellatrix. Other than the obvious Harry Potter reference, though I liked the name before Harry Potter was a thing in my RL lol, it is more due to the third brightest star in the orion's belt constellation. :)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Bella Chattoway said:

Hey, I never usually come on the forums but I'm trying to make it more of a point to be more available on SL communities as I haven't made any new friends since returning toward the end of last year and so far shopping simulator has been fairly lonely experience haha.

I know a little about Hecate, the Greek Goddess, I've always been a bit of a fan of mythology though my knowledge is more with Celtic and Norse mythology, I do know a little about Greek Mythology. To nerd out a little bit, mythology and religious studies and how religion impacted and shaped/was shaped by culture over the years is a subject that's always fascinated me. I think the older I get the more I find it interesting too. Maybe there's a philosophical reason in that somewhere but haha.

I don't have any interesting stories behind my name in SL. I like the name Bellatrix, Bella is short for Bellatrix. Other than the obvious Harry Potter reference, though I liked the name before Harry Potter was a thing in my RL lol, it is more due to the third brightest star in the orion's belt constellation. :)

Hi Bella,

What a lovely name! I love your story about the meaning of Bella and the connection to Orion. I love Greek and Roman mythology too. PS I've messaged you. Welcome to the wonderful world of SL.

Peace and love

Hecate x

I also live in Europe (but not uk) :) There are museums, art exhibitions, shows, etc., it would be a good way to start on SL. For my part, I have been mainly interested in the similarities between the various mythologies of the world at a time when stories couldn't travel much. Otherwise, I remember a few sims about mythologies, but mostly about ancient Rome, it seems. I will look to see if I find them (and if they still exist), because I went there a long time ago.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Anaryane said:

I also live in Europe (but not uk) :) There are museums, art exhibitions, shows, etc., it would be a good way to start on SL. For my part, I have been mainly interested in the similarities between the various mythologies of the world at a time when stories couldn't travel much. Otherwise, I remember a few sims about mythologies, but mostly about ancient Rome, it seems. I will look to see if I find them (and if they still exist), because I went there a long time ago.

It's interesting to compare Great Flood myths. The oldest written one is from Sumaria and has been added into modern versions of the Epic of Gilgamesh. In it there are 3 birds that are sent out after the rains stop. In the Bible version there are 2 birds and the dove brings back a twig as evidence that it found land. In the Siberian version, I think there are 2 birds and the raven finds land. In the Native American versions, it's Raven who creates new land. Based on how the later Biblical, Siberian and Native American versions have fewer birds and change which one is the hero, I think it's pretty clear that they derived from the Sumarian version, through oral storytelling traditions.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LilyRoseAmber said:

Hello, I'm from the UK and joined SL 3 weeks ago. I'm also finding the same situation with time zones. I'm a big fan of Greek, Roman and Norse mythology too.

Hi Lily, Thanks for your reply and welcome to Second LIfe. I'll certainly watch out for you in SL and add you as a friend to keep in touch,

Hecate xx

8 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

It's interesting to compare Great Flood myths. The oldest written one is from Sumaria and has been added into modern versions of the Epic of Gilgamesh. In it there are 3 birds that are sent out after the rains stop. In the Bible version there are 2 birds and the dove brings back a twig as evidence that it found land. In the Siberian version, I think there are 2 birds and the raven finds land. In the Native American versions, it's Raven who creates new land. Based on how the later Biblical, Siberian and Native American versions have fewer birds and change which one is the hero, I think it's pretty clear that they derived from the Sumarian version, through oral storytelling traditions.

Hi Peresphone, what a lovey Greek name with so much history and legends. 

Thanks for your reply to my post.I'll certainly watch out for you in SL and add you as a friend to keep in touch.

Hecate xx

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Saffie Nightingale said:

Hi everyone.  Im from England but live across the border in Scotland.  Most of my days in SL are spent on my own as most of my friends are American and only come out to play in my evening times.

Hi Saffie, thanks for replying to my post. I look forward to meeting up with you in SL. A lot of my SL friends are also in the USA but I'm finding more and more European and also lovely people from Hong Kong who are some hours ahead of UK and European time. Hecate x

5 hours ago, Hecate Copperfield said:

Hi Saffie, thanks for replying to my post. I look forward to meeting up with you in SL. A lot of my SL friends are also in the USA but I'm finding more and more European and also lovely people from Hong Kong who are some hours ahead of UK and European time. Hecate x

I find ways to spend my time, i have a sim so that keeps me pretty busy, and i also make textures for planes and boats. I am a member of a few really active groups too but rarely see people outside of group events.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi im floofyy Alice. I’m also eu. I’m a little I find it also hard to make friends because of my time zone. I try go to school and do kid activities or go to dance places. Everything pg for me. Just hard to find people and the times don’t match. Paris +2 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 83 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.