Login failed - Despite our best efforts, something unexpected has gone wrong

OyuM0901

Question

^Only encountered this recently, I am unable to login and always pop this error message. I've tried all the suggested way (cloudfare, clear cache, clear friendlist/grouptag with weird fonts, login to other location etc) but non of it worked... My alt account can login easily anywhere without this problem, in the same viewer. Anyone please enlighten me on this..sl.JPG?ex=65df278e&is=65ccb28e&hm=5eb1f8

13 answers to this question

On 2/14/2024 at 9:55 PM, Rolig Loon said:

Try a different viewer?

I have the exact same issue.  Suddenly, on 28 Feb I was unable to login on two accounts, yet have no problem with a third account. I tried different computers, different viewers... no success.  I am not a novice to SL. 

• Like 1

On 2/29/2024 at 6:41 AM, Marcus Bremser said:

I have the exact same issue.  Suddenly, on 28 Feb I was unable to login on two accounts, yet have no problem with a third account. I tried different computers, different viewers... no success.  I am not a novice to SL. 

I got this problem atm. I can log in with my other accounts but not with the main one, which is also a premium account. I logged in earlier today and had no problem at all but now its not letting me. Does anyone have a solution for this? 

Posted (edited)

I am sure there is no solution or explanation to this problem. It just appears/disappears when it wants.

Having the same problem (despite our best efforts ...). right now. According to "https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000133832-login-failure#Error-messages

where that errormessage is not listet, and due to experience over the years I believe its not a problem with the account (disciplinary actions or whatever)

So far i dare to say: Its not a viewer problem, not a SL problem, not a firewall problem, not a DNS setting problem. Is it a provider problem? A country wide censorship problem?  Rather not.

I am pretty sure its a problem with software'jhardware on user side somewhere. Or the weather. Or location and inrernet? Keep in mind:  Three cables under the Red Sea that provide global internet and telecommunications have been cut...

Edited by Bela Beleza

2 hours ago, itsjustmissy said:

i have been getting this issue for months now I even got a new PC thinking it was that but the issue is still happening and its very very annoying does any know how to resolve this

doesn't seem to be a issue all the time ? your profile shows as online inworld.

3 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

doesn't seem to be a issue all the time ? your profile shows as online inworld.

NO BUT IT HAPPENS EVERYDAY FOR HOURS IM UNABLE TO LOG IN AND IF I WAS LOGGED IN AND KET KICKED OUT IT NOT TILL 12AM I CAN LIKE TONIGHT I GOT BK IN AT 12:01AM

Posted (edited)

This happened with 2 of my 3 accounts for several weeks, despite all the usual “fixes” (different browsers, different computers…). Finally after flushing DNS it seems to have been resolved…. or it may have been addressed by Linden Labs. I tend to agree with previous comment that this issue comes and goes of its own accord. 

Edited by Marcus Bremser
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Alwin Alcott said:

as you gave no usefull info in your first post, people who want to help you start with asking questions. 
Shouting in caps is rarely helpfull.

Im sorry i wasnt shouting sorry if u took it that way

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, itsjustmissy said:

Im sorry i wasnt shouting sorry if u took it that way

ok :)   as you seen Marcus posted a solution that might help, perhaps try that before you get in a loop of login fails .. hope it helps!

Edited by Alwin Alcott

Posted (edited)

SL has joined a lot of other "pseudo-secure" places like cloudflare to block VPNs from being used to access them. As a VPN user, I consider this an extremely hostile move, since it places their illusion of security as being more important that the very real security that the VPN brings to regular users. This is not at all surprising given that they are following the ignorant beancounters that run the rest of the internet backbone, but it is a real pain in the ass of those of us who actually want some security, even if only a small amount.

SL is just following the herd. All I can say is I hope they sink with the rest, because this kind of idiocy is destroying the internet. The only people these monsters want to be "safe" are the ones that make money stealing our information, and I seriously suspect them of of being part of that herd as well.

Edited by Orbert Tatham

4 minutes ago, Orbert Tatham said:

SL has joined a lot of other "pseudo-secure" places like cloudflare to block VPNs from being used to access them. As a VPN user, I consider this an extremely hostile move, since it places their illusion of security as being more important that the very real security that the VPN brings to regular users. This is not at all surprising given that they are following the ignorant beancounters that run the rest of the internet backbone, but it is a real pain in the ass of those of us who actually want some security, even if only a small amount.

SL is just following the herd. All I can say is I hope they sink with the rest, because this kind of idiocy is destroying the internet. The only people these monsters want to be "safe" are the ones that make money stealing our information, and I seriously suspect them of of being part of that herd as well.

I will be surprised, if any normal contributors agree with you who are educated on such things.

Since Cloudflare comes up so very, very seldom, it seems more like a "personal" issue (with your setup, your ISP, etc.). Otherwise, we'd be reading about Cloudflare issues a lot more here.