Are there any car rez spots in Old Belli? (North Trads)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 124 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I found a few nice trads lately which were tucked away and only had footpath access, or had an interesting set of steps leading down (or up) to the road.
My lusch car is fairly forgiving, but does make some alarming clanking noises if I try throwing it off a cliff, or bumping down a stairway, so I had a search around for any nearby traffic rez spots without success.

My memory doesn't reach back to the very earliest Mole new continent building, but I was inworld for the completion of old Belli, and I just can't remember if car rez spots were brought in later, or were more spaced out? Have I just been unlucky in my searching and they are hiding right there in plain sight?

I saw some 'obvious' spots for boat rezzers as well that hadn't been utilised, was it just the lighthouse island facilities available back then?
Maybe my memory has lapsed, or been overwritten by Newbrooke and Bellivaria where seemingly every single sim has a rez spot for cars.

There are some car rez zones in the original part of Belli, there just isn't as many as what was added to later themes.  Off the top of my head, these ones spring to mind (mainly cause I used to use this route often):

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Gallaudet/163/233/32

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Badger Mounds/243/154/32

Make sure you enable parcel borders on your Mini-map and you'll be able to spot them as you drive along.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Long ago and far away, rez zones in Belli were so rare that Jon Ree maintained a list of them, in a set of notecards that were distributed every two weeks.  As Belli grew, Jon added various other landmarks of interest ... also, rez zones became more common in newer areas.  The notecards became truly unwieldy, and I think the last set may have been sent out in 2022.  My alt just dropped the notecard for land rez zones in the Traditional areas on you.  And you're right, there are very few!

It was common during those early times for landowners to leave 35 or so LI free on their parcels and build on for everyone (with a few minutes autoreturn), so that passersby could rez a car or boat and drive away.  You can find all such areas in the region you're in by using a rez zone finder gadget.  She's also dropped one of those on you, courtesy of the LCC cruising club.  There are a lot of those on the marketplace; this probably isn't the best one, it's just one I picked up long ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 124 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.