Recommendations for Good MALE Skins for Body / Head / Bits!

GoswamiTulsidas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 100 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A very good evening good day to you,

Could anyone please recommend me good stores for Male skins?

There are sooo many stores for women, today I go to a store that was recommended, a warehouse of women, 3, yes just 3 skins for Male bodies and heads!

I've been putting it off, but want to get down to it and sort, so where would you suggest please?

I don't know if any place does skins that cover All of everything, for body, head and yes the dangly bit, does anyone, as it always seems impossible to marry a body skin to it. My hands and feet match my body, thankfully, I'll bet to match my head, hopefully, that down there, hmm... any suggestions please?

I'll settle though to sort my head and body properly, but while at it and to save hours and hours to still end up unmatched, it would be good to feel all at one!

Thank you kindly for reading my quest,

Have a wonderful blessed day

Tóng Tï 

1 minute ago, GoswamiTulsidas said:

A very good evening good day to you,

Could anyone please recommend me good stores for Male skins?

There are sooo many stores for women, today I go to a store that was recommended, a warehouse of women, 3, yes just 3 skins for Male bodies and heads!

I've been putting it off, but want to get down to it and sort, so where would you suggest please?

I don't know if any place does skins that cover All of everything, for body, head and yes the dangly bit, does anyone, as it always seems impossible to marry a body skin to it. My hands and feet match my body, thankfully, I'll bet to match my head, hopefully, that down there, hmm... any suggestions please?

I'll settle though to sort my head and body properly, but while at it and to save hours and hours to still end up unmatched, it would be good to feel all at one!

Thank you kindly for reading my quest,

Have a wonderful blessed day

Tóng Tï 

Hey! you could try not found or stray dog for skin. They have good choice and you might be like it, it should help solve what you need. They have realistic skin and texture, or if you wanted. You could check velour, they also have skin for malem But not many as not found and stray dog. Also Tivoli (i forgot how's the store name spell) but. that all, try not found first :)

• Like 4

1 minute ago, AndrewEmery said:

Hey! you could try not found or stray dog for skin. They have good choice and you might be like it, it should help solve what you need. They have realistic skin and texture, or if you wanted. You could check velour, they also have skin for malem But not many as not found and stray dog. Also Tivoli (i forgot how's the store name spell) but. that all, try not found first :)

Thank you Andrew, most appreciated, I shall shot for a taxi! Have a great day :)

2 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

What kind of look are you going for?

A certain ethnicity?

Younger or older?

Human?

Thank you Cinnamon, yes, I just thought that in reading back silly of me not to say. 

My character is a human 30's white male although like to sport a dark tanned skin, inside a Belleza Jake body, with Catwa Daniel head, with an Eros undercarriage!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GoswamiTulsidas said:

Thank you Cinnamon, yes, I just thought that in reading back silly of me not to say. 

My character is a human 30's white male although like to sport a dark tanned skin, inside a Belleza Jake body, with Catwa Daniel head, with an Eros undercarriage!

For Catwa Daniel, you'll want to shop stores that are still selling SLUV skins (the overwhelming majority are Evo X).

I agree with the above. Try Not Found and Stray Dog. There's also Vendetta, and possibly Clef de Peau, if they still have their SLUV skins out (I haven't checked in a long bit). Each of those stores also do their own body appliers/BOM. As always, demo everything.

• Like 2

I agree that Stray Dog is perhaps the best place to look. That creator has not made Catwa skins since 2020, but they are good quality.

I do not know if he has retired them. The only way you can find out, is go to the store and look for them.

The same goes for Not Found.

Catwa is still very good heads, but creators have moved on to a different face template. It is a bit harder to find skins for it now.

If your version of Jake is pre August 2021, you will have a very clear neck seam. You should have the 3.0 version. No skin will help for that neck problem, it was fixed in the 3.0 body.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/22/2024 at 9:59 AM, Marianne Little said:

I agree that Stray Dog is perhaps the best place to look. That creator has not made Catwa skins since 2020, but they are good quality.

I do not know if he has retired them. The only way you can find out, is go to the store and look for them.

The same goes for Not Found.

Catwa is still very good heads, but creators have moved on to a different face template. It is a bit harder to find skins for it now.

If your version of Jake is pre August 2021, you will have a very clear neck seam. You should have the 3.0 version. No skin will help for that neck problem, it was fixed in the 3.0 body.

Thank you Marianne, it is these tips that are so good, as yes, I have the older beta Jake, but more recent BOM so thinking I'd cure the seam on the older, I think 2018 version has me understand it's definitely time to move over.. I loved my old Beta Jake, bless him hehe! Ok, I shall be looking out for the 3.0 body or younger! :)

12 hours ago, GoswamiTulsidas said:

Thank you Marianne, it is these tips that are so good, as yes, I have the older beta Jake, but more recent BOM so thinking I'd cure the seam on the older, I think 2018 version has me understand it's definitely time to move over.. I loved my old Beta Jake, bless him hehe! Ok, I shall be looking out for the 3.0 body or younger! :)

https://virtualbloke.com/archives/4436

This blog post is about Jake, and you can see what I mean about the neck seam. Before you upgrade to 3.0, you will have problems with a seam, no matter what skins you use. You can see the blogger writes:

UPDATE: As of today (Sunday 29th August 2021) Belleza have just updated all of their bodies, including Jake. The below neck issue has now been fixed. If you are still experiencing this issue, visit the Belleza store and redeliver your purchase to the v3.0 version.

It is minimal changes in the HUD, so you do not need to learn all over again. What is the new, is that creators make BOM skins now, what you know about appliers is outdated. Things always change in SL.

You can read the tutorials about BOM in this Virtual Bloke blog.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

https://virtualbloke.com/archives/4436

This blog post is about Jake, and you can see what I mean about the neck seam. Before you upgrade to 3.0, you will have problems with a seam, no matter what skins you use. You can see the blogger writes:

It is minimal changes in the HUD, so you do not need to learn all over again. What is the new, is that creators make BOM skins now, what you know about appliers is outdated. Things always change in SL.

You can read the tutorials about BOM in this Virtual Bloke blog.

Thank you again Marianne for the Virtual Bloke blog, hmm... ok, seems .. pun intended, my Jake neck seam is far more complex and difficult to fix.

After trying a few demo skins I was left pondering as there was little to some effect, but no complete cures and had noticed myself previously adjusting graphic settings how I could reduce or pretty much eliminate the issues. I was though on this occasion thinking there would be a fix out there I could implement so that all those looking at me, would not be impacted!

With my wedding up coming and lots else on, I think I'll just be content with the neck blender and adjusting my setting. Such a shame that with Jake being so popular that this issue hasn't been given some consideration by the makers.. I know with new products working on etc. and they'll take priority but all the same, I'd have hoped keeping existing customers brand loyal would be an important business strategy :)

Thank you anyway Marianne for your pointers and comments,

Kind Regards, Tóng Tï (GoswamiTulsidas Resident)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 100 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.